Attachments

• glyhdl.JPG
    glyhdl.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 243
  • glyplate.JPG
    glyplate.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 239
Some Galway Hurdle 10 year stats:

10/10 previously won a hurdle over 2m or 2m1f.
9/10 aged 6 or 7. The exception was Clondaw Warrior last year aged 9.
9/10 rated 130 to 145. The exception rated 120.
9/10 carried 10-4 to 11-6. The exception carried 9-10.
Number of days since previous run ranged from 3 to 87 and, interestingly, 7 had their previous run on the flat.
6/10 had won a handicap hurdle previously. Of the other 4, 2 were having their first run in a handicap hurdle.
8/10 started at 7/1 or less although only 3 started favourite.

Last edited:
I have just had an e/w double on Minella Foru 16/1 Plate and Swamp Fox 14/1 Hurdle. I think Minella has been laid out for this since the IGN, rain would help and the forecast is deteriorating for the next week. Swamp Fox strikes me as a rapid improver with more to go.

I have just had an e/w double on Minella Foru 16/1 Plate and Swamp Fox 14/1 Hurdle. I think Minella has been laid out for this since the IGN, rain would help and the forecast is deteriorating for the next week.

Had to back MF this morning, though with very-low confidence. I would puke an ocean if he won here, and I'd not bothered.

Shanpallas has been trained for the Plate, 4lb lower than 2 years ago when not beaten very far. Would;ve gone off close to favourite last year if hadn't met with a setback.

Chase mark protected since..question is if he retains enough ability at nine years of age.

Riven Light has a nice racing weight and is open to improvement having being running in Graded company in the winter on testing ground. Can see him being the pick of Ruby in the Hurdle.

6 of the last 15 Galway Hurdles were won by horses which had already won at the track, 6 by horses which had never run there previously and 3 by horses which had run there before without winning.

5 of the last 15 Galway Plates were won by horses which had already won at the track, 9 by horses which had never run there previously and only 1 by a horse which had run there before without winning.

Make of this what you will.

I heard that DK Weld is blaming the dust from the Grandstand demolition for the poor form of his horses; a lot of asbestos on the roof seemingly.
Also given the closing of Kevin Ryan's stable during the spring makes one wonder if The Grey Gatsby might have a source of illhealth.
Definitely Swamp Fox and Minella Foru would be my ew double pick at the moment also.

Rain is a concern but I've gone for Sandymount Duke for the Plate. Certainly has the ability to win provided the ground is not too soft.

Not my favourite festival (by far)

But some jumps racing at least

Any value in John Constable off 155 DO?

I'm in Spain and don't have my stuff with me but even though I thought he might go up to 158 for last week I reckon something trained in ireland will have as much in hand of its mark as he had two runs back!

Forfeits declared and the markets have had time to settle down. I obviously can't and won't bet against Airlie but, without her, I think that Tigris River has an excellent chance in the Hurdle.

Very difficult to carry 11st or more in the Plate. A slight doubt about whether he'll make the cut but On Fiddlers Green ticks most of the boxes as an improver with course form.

Dicosimo, Peregrine Run, Rathvinden, Landofhopeandglory and Townshend among the initial entries for the 2m2f Nov Chase on Thursday.

I won't look beyond Joseph Patrick's Tigris River in the Galway Hurdle if he goes.

He finished a close up 5th last year has gone up 5lbs since but for me he's a 10lbs better horse this year and the trainer probably improved more than the horse.

What a cracking race to kick off the meeting.

We have the talented Le Richebourge, Nesum Dora, Twobelucky and Annum who could be anything.

It would appear Le Richebourge and Nessun Dorma are the most likely to fight out the finish,

JP O'Brien must know how Le Richebourge compares to Treasure Chest who ran 2nd to Nessun Dorma

WPM must know how Nessun Dorma compares to Timi Roli who finished 2nd to Le Richebourge

To me and the bookies it would appear Le Richebourge looks the classier animal but he'll have to jump better in the closing stages than he did last time.

Much will be down to how Ruby rides ND...if he tries to make all he'll be a sitting duck for LR.

If he holds him up and produces him about 2 out he could nick this as his horse looks less likely to be belting one.

No one will get rich betting either of them but a fascinating race to watch and kick of the meeting
It's too hard to split them bit I have a slight preference for JP's

Used post here before, not for a while, Poured rain last night in Galway, lashing this morning when I got up, and there are heavy showers every so often, and I work in the city center.
regards,

No rain since Lunchtime and brightening up but rain expected around 7.00pm

Last edited:
Back