Galway

Maybe worth noting that Martin has withdrawn The Graduate in the 7.40 so that reserve Sweet Company gets a run. Likely to start favourite. Hope it gets stuffed.

Galway
views 1063
replies 26

Goodwood
views 231
replies 3

I just don't understand this. Galway is awful maybe 2 races excepted.

That could have slight bearing on it but look at the first thing Granger put up..............Galway Plate and Hurdle entries...........surely jumps have always been more popular and get more attention in forums?

Galway
views 1063
replies 26

Goodwood
views 231
replies 3

I just don't understand this. Galway is awful maybe 2 races excepted.

know your audience.

bar talk of next years champion hurdle, a few juveniles for next year and the our duke to Denman comparisons this place is like a ghost town mid May to September

That looked a hot bumper; all the way pace and winner did it well.
Same connections as Bargy Lady,Ferbane lads we share a house with at Festival.
Fine fine guys and the best crack imaginable; i am delighted for them.
Winner has fine old style pedigree too, Yeats ex dam by Supreme Leader; next dam by Proverb; next dam by Baragoi who is sister to dam of Gaye Brief, Gaye Chance, Black Humour and all those.

know your audience.

bar talk of next years champion hurdle, a few juveniles for next year and the our duke to Denman comparisons this place is like a ghost town mid May to September

Fair enough, but why the fuss over Galway? The handicap chase is half decent, the rest of it is dross.

Fair enough, but why the fuss over Galway? The handicap chase is half decent, the rest of it is dross.

God we shall not ask for reason's payment,
The why of heart-breaking strangeness in dreeping hedges
Nor analyse God's breath in common statement.
We have thrown into the dust-bin the clay-minted wages

(Kavanagh)

Weather god all day, light breeze and a nice bit of sun. A lot of people on about Zippy in the 20.10. I don't know anything about this horse

It's interesting to see James Bowen taking a ride for Giggy in the Plate tomorrow. An audition for a closer relationship, perhaps?

Plate Day. Rained in Galway last night, drizzel most of the morning, clearing up now, but more rain/showers at around 4.00pm

Galway Hurdle day. Rained all last night. brightened up this morning. Going is yielding and soft on the flat. Showers expected later on today

Any NRs announced in the Hurdle?

I took a little each-way chance on All The Answers this morning, in the hope that McManus would yank one of his other ones.

Will have two McManus horses running for me then........backed Project Bluebook about 30 mins ago!

Last edited:
Back