George Washington

Originally posted by imagine@Nov 14 2007, 10:19 PM
Thought this might be of interest to all George's fans

Lot 1794 Tattersalls December Mare Sale

The mare has been covered by GW although on closer inspection also covered by HRE so I'm guessing the more likely sire would then be HRE?

Probably not as exciting as it first appeared :( when I was searching for covering sires but I thought I'd post anyway on case it was of interest to anyone :)
There are a few instances of that Imagine - remember seeing a horse in the US who was down as being in foal to X or Y. Very strange though I guess if she's been covered by two stallions around the same time period it's hard to tell which one exactly she's in foal to.

I would assume the mare would have been scanned not in foal, hence the second covering. If there were any doubts then surely DNA would resolve it.

Agreed that DNA would prove things - I'm guessing as tetley suggested she either scaned as not in foal or was showing signs of being in season so was covered by HRE. I guess we could all live in hope even if it the chances are minimal for George :)

I've watched a vet take over half an hour to decide that a mare was actually in foal before - he was pretty sure she wasn't but eventually found it so you never know. I guess we could all live in hope even if it the chances are minimal for George :)

Back