Gerry Fielden

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
On a hurdling line through Bebe Star, Le Mercurey is at least as good as L'Ami Serge, and I reckon he rates a good bet at 7/2 today.

Even with that, Brian.

Henderson's has drawn a blank in each run to date, being placed in a couple of Listed Hurdles being the best form he's shown so far - and those runs came at a couple of minor meetings in ths spring. Le Mercurey readily accounted for Bebe Star in his last run, and whilst that was also a minor event, BS has gone on to acquit himself well in his completed starts in Graded chases.

OK, it takes a degree of faith to get involved - primarily, having to hope the horses are fit enough - but I'm satisfied that Le Mercurey is a decent prospect, and that a mark of 149 - whilst not exactly lenient - is something he can overcome.

The ground will be to his advantage, and play against some of the others....imo.

Last edited:
I think both Mullins horses have outstanding chances, would have been easier if he'd just sent one. I'm not a fan of D Mullins so by default that leads me to Wicklow Brave, and with a run under his belt should be hard to beat.

I know nothing about the French form, but the first thing that just jumps off the page to me is that L'Ami Serge has never won a race.
I bow to your superior knowledge EC1, but I'd find it very hard to back him today considering he is 0/6 over hurdles..
I've bigged up Wicklow Brave a few times in the past, so I feel I have to stick with him today. Best of luck.

Le Mercury is difficult to rate on french form
but looks in a too high OR here

Lami Serge could be in a better mark than him and can improve going to an english trainer, but Henderson stable not flying.

the 2 for me here are Mullins horses and on jockey bookings WB looks the one.

Back