Gladness Stakes

betsmate

At the Start
gladness.jpg

Card courtesy of www.racingpost.co.uk

Just a couple of eye-catching entries!

Oh dear, we are in for that massively confusing time of year when the flat starts to demand our attention while Aintree and Punchestown are still to be unravelled :rolleyes:

Aside from the obvious Ballydoyle entries it is interesting to see Oxx has kept Alarazi on the go. Very impressive first time out on an easy surface if I recall.

It is indeed confusing - I always get excited about the new jump season in about July and then excited about the new flat season in December :(

Was Bolger not a bit slow in coming to hand last year though, Gal? May be completely off the ball, but seem to remember a fair few of his (including Creachadoir) improving a good deal for their first runs.

Haatef and US Ranger are the ones to concentrate on.

That may be true trackside, certainly not suggesting the form in cast in stone. But the Oxx horse was making his debut that day and his potential on an easy surface is there for all to see.

Judging by the RP tonight, the flat is well and truely back!!

newspaper_mon_spl.jpg

As an aside to maybe Shadow Leader or tdk...from your experience when do the bookmakers start to see the significant flow of betting for these Classics? Last few days I see horses shortening up for some of the Classics but is that just bookies taking a firmer view now Cheltenham is over or is it punters playing up some of their Cheltenham wins?

Not really relevant, but just thinking to myself how many Oxx 3yo's have we seen win early season maiden's impressively only to be dissapointing after.

The likes of Alarazi (thus far anyway), King In Waiting, Ehsan come immediately to mind. Of course Oxx always has a fair amount of unraced 3yo's given that he always takes his time with them.

If Confront is being backed it wouldn't surprise me, never seen a 3yo work that well at the end of March before, seriously impressive. He wasn't anywhere near that good last season.

Also Raven's Pass blew out in fantastic style on Friday morning. The 3yo colts seem to have wintered well, whilst Sense Of Joy is a huge improver in the fillies department.

(For Galileo's attention, not thread related)

An interesting profile (it's not an interview) of Murtagh and a half-page of Willoughby filler (seriously, what?). Waste of £1.50.

US Ranger and Honoured Guest both confirmed runners from Ballydoyle

1(3) 18117- Jumbajukiba 190 Mrs John Harrington
2(8) /1625- Major Cadeaux 252 R Hannon
3(9) /6608- Captain Marvelous 176 B W Hills
4(2) 374-71 Crooked Throw 14 C F Swan
5(5) 72262- Excelerate 161 Edward Lynam
6(4) 2/113- Honoured Guest 336 A P O´Brien
7(7) 17214- US Ranger 190 A P O´Brien
8(1) 9322-1 Grecian Dancer 101 Charles O´Brien
9(6) 9381-7 Lady Grace 22 W J Haggas

Should be a cracking race. Interesting to see how this is priced up.

Murtagh rides US Ranger with Heffernan on Honoured Guest. Ground will not be ideal for either of them. Really good card in general.

Nice sunny spells but heavy showers throughout the day here....so no drying of conditions ahead of tomorrow's cracking card.

I don't think the ground will bother Major Cadeaux tomorrow, in fact I think he will enjoy it as long as it is not too testing.

I have just noticed the ground is now officially "Heavy" so that might well be trouble the principles tomorrow.

Back