Gladness Stakes

For what its worth the RP forecast:

BETTING FORECAST: 6/4 US Ranger, 7/2 Major Cadeaux, 11/2 Honoured Guest, 7/1 Jumbajukiba, 10/1 Captain Marvelous, 12/1 Crooked Throw, Excelerate, Lady Grace, 14/1 Grecian Dancer.

Macarthur is the one that interests me tomorrow. Yes the trip is likely to be too short and it is his first run back, but he will relish the ground and in terms of ability I think he is by far the best of this lot. I hope the shorter trip ensures people take him on giving a decent price.

I think while the principle have handled soft ground in the past i don't think it suits them. I like Captain Marvellous and Jumbajukiba

Markets slowly opening up this morning. US Ranger is around 11/10 or evens which is too short for me. Like someone else mentioned, 16/1 Jumbajukiba is an appealing each way price.

Macarthur has opened up 6/4-7/4.

More i look at this race more i can see why the money is coming for Major Cadeaux

If HG needs it as you suggest Gal then it likely horses fighting out finish are US Ranger, Major and Jumba

If AoB's US Ranger also needs this one, then it's MC and Jumba,

Jessie has been on ATR stating her's will run well, but come on for run, Cattermole stated on ATR Hannons yard confident of bold showing

MC wins

Very trappy card again. I had a long look at Jumbajukiba but, to be honest, his form didn't stand up as well as I had hoped, though he will be suited by the ground. I'd think he would try and jump out and make all.

Only bet I've had is Red Moloney EW in the Alleged Stakes at 9/1.

I was going to back Honoured Guest, as i think he's corking price and corking e/w bet if something like right.

BUT, you just don't know what's what here

The O'Brien horses haven't been blatantly in need of a run so far this year like they have been in the last couple of years. Obviously Honoured Guest is a special case having been off for ages but US Ranger should be pretty straight I'd have thought?

If your right regarding US Ranger being pretty straight Gareth, then i'd probably go

US Ranger 2.0, Major 3.0 Jumba 6.0

Just seen MacArthur on ATR and he looks pretty well

Should be a good race between him him and Alarazi imo

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 13 2008, 02:24 PM
Macarthur ran no sort of racing, regardless of him needing it or not.

Good call on Red Moloney trackside.
He was tripe Gal, tripe

a :clap: for trackside

Incidentally I thought the maiden at early featured some very nice sorts for the future. First 3 look pretty useful.

US Ranger was odds on with Ladbrokes last time I looked. The confidence looks to be there but he is surely going to drift in the light of the runs today and at Leopardstown where the horse has raced as though they needed it.

What is most noticeable is how keen Murtagh is to avoid using the whip.

I think lot may depend on how Achill Island goes Gal, if he disappoints, layers will probably get stuck into US Ranger

Back