Glorious Goodwood

Someone on Twitter, no idea if this is correct

Magical Memory to be ridden by Frankie in Saturdays Stewards Cup, 3lb well in compared to future handicaps, horse is flying and so is stable

Arod win 9.8 place 2.14..looks banker place bet and could get the run of the race and deliver on the win...80/20 bet

Solow has a slight sire negative for me..as well as being of no interest at the odds..Singspiel's progeny record at Goodwood in Group races is 1/18 performing at just 50% of implied market chance..only 16% placed against an overall Goodwood record of 10% win and 30% place.

Last edited:
I wonder if Richard Hannon having Night of Thunder tuned up and fully fit for the Lockinge has finished the horse. His charges generally need their first run of the season. Toronado was never the same after the Queen Anne last season.

i was starting to wonder if NoT's poor showing in this and at Ascot was starting to make Kingman's form look a little suspect but maybe the horse is just finnish.

Night of thunder given an odd ride and did not settle both here and at Ascot .

Frankie just had a shocker on king of rooks might not have won anyway but gave the horse a lot to do especially a horse that had won so easily when allowed to wait in front at Sandown .

I wonder if Richard Hannon having Night of Thunder tuned up and fully fit for the Lockinge has finished the horse. His charges generally need their first run of the season. Toronado was never the same after the Queen Anne last season.

I am beginning to wonder whether Hannons junior's desire to train for these big owners and impress them means he might actually be not as good a trainer as senior .

Resonant (2.00) won under a masterclass front-running ride from Wm Buick at Newmarket, and James Doyle never looked likely to emulate him subsequently. Re-united with WB, and gifted a decent draw, a repeat performance looks well on the cards today.

Customary ask from me.

Have a mate going to Goodwood on Friday, and he has asked me for tip(s). Any and all advice offered here is greatly appreciated, as always.

Cheers
Grass

Customary ask from me.

Have a mate going to Goodwood on Friday, and he has asked me for tip(s). Any and all advice offered here is greatly appreciated, as always.

Cheers
Grass

14.35 - Massive draw race, ignore anything with a double figure berth. So Beloved(7) and Two for Two(6) each way

16.55 - Fadhayyil. Best form in the race but doesn't look like she'll be favourite.

Last edited:
Customary ask from me.

Cheers
Grass

put a placepot on...then stay in the bar and spend money on beer not bets..job done

Last edited:
14.35 - Massive draw race, ignore anything with a double figure berth. So Beloved(7) and Two for Two.
I think Euro put the wrong time here, and means the 3:10.

I'd usually go with proven horses in races like the 2:35, but Sir Michael Stoute has a good chance in Convey and I think this is an improver I want to be with.

There's a few horses in the 3:10 I can't split, including Munaaser and Basem, so applying the logic that they can't all win, I'm going for something completely different at a bigger price altogether called Lincoln.

Lincoln is a smart handicapper, who has form with Speculative Bid, and I'll take my chances at 20/1.

My main worry is that fact I've not backed a Mick Channon trained winner since Queens Logic!
Nor have I backed a winner the past three days, but I'm confident Lincoln will go close tomorrow.
I'd like to catch him on a going day...

Last edited:
Lincoln - am fed up backing it marble, please don't give me renewed confidence ...... but the jock SDS gives me some hope as well - sod it, another score probably wasted now

Euro will tell us how Lincoln's screwed because of the draw, but he'll be cutting through the pack like a knife through butter at the business end, Clanger, and its a score well spent mate.:)

Last edited:
Off to goodwood myself Friday - already put the bets on as had a nice pot in the Skybet lounge :)

Hopeful more than anything that at least one comes in for me lol

FIngers crossed for a dry day weather wise and a nice glass or two of bubbly!

Excellent Bally, good luck - would love to go myself one year.

Keep saying to myself nahhhh, 6-7 hours drive, overpriced hotels, overpriced tickets etc etc gotta be loaded, I'll watch it on TV - but folks have far worse journeys and less dosh and still make it there.

Not good for me this year, had Mount Logan and Inland Sea first day, but nowt since, bout of seconditis ... see what today brings.

14.35 - Massive draw race, ignore anything with a double figure berth. So Beloved(7) and Two for Two(6) each way

16.55 - Fadhayyil. Best form in the race but doesn't look like she'll be favourite.

One very happy pal after the 3:10, Euro - thanks again.

Good call, Euro. My Channon losing run continues...even when he lands a channel 4 winner.

I'm not bothering with looking at the form for the stewards, Basil Berry is a tracker horse of mine so he'll do. He should be nearer first than last with that type of weight on his back.

Last edited:
:( Another winless day. Finally done my patience on Lincoln lol -same every race, midfield, plenty of room to move just not got the pace, he was more like running in butter than a knife thru it - concluded now he is a pig

Pity Gleneagles never ran but hey ho.

On to tomorrow, the Nassau looks a good race. A case can be made for a few here. Star Of Seville gets my vote.

Ninjago for a bit of interest in the Stewards Cup. Hopefully this race may see him to good light again.

Back