Glorious Goodwood

:( Another winless day. Finally done my patience on Lincoln lol -same every race, midfield, plenty of room to move just not got the pace, he was more like running in butter than a knife thru it - concluded now he is a pig

:( It was dissapointing...i've gone from having a wicked Saturday to a proper bad few days betting wise. Sorry about Lincoln.

Last edited:
Richard Hughes is 3 from 5 for Brian Ellison this season, and I'd be surprised if Fox Trotter (4.55) isn't primed for his last hurrah tomorrow,

Last edited:
Why is Diamondsandrubies twice the price of Legatissimo? No real excuses for the latter last time IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legatissimo had a very valid excuse....she never ran fast enough :)

Moore was given a riding lesson by Heff who was at his brilliant best.

Cat's out of the bag now and he really shouldn't get away with it again.

I'll be backing Lady of Dubai ew again who will appreciate a strong pace if she gets one.

Star of Seville is overpriced in the Nassau. This is her trip and she's a good back to partial lay.

Heartbreak Hero is worth a go in the 4.55. Ran well last time out when she was slowly away and had to be switched at York. Owner targets this meeting aand is surely nailed on to place at least.

I'm not bothering with looking at the form for the stewards.
I tell a lie...

GREEB is a good second string for Charles Hills to have in the Stewards Cup.
The Oasis Dream gelding is on an upward curve and looks ahead of the handicapper. He likes to be handy which I reckon is a good thing in this race.
Judging by the short odds he started in his limited 10-run career, someone rates him and he may give a big performance in a race like this. I've lots of time for proven and somewhat exposed horses like Tropics but a horse like Greeb is more appealing here.

Greeb E/W with a saver on Basil Berry.

Last edited:
Had a great day - no winners personally (a few nice ew returns) but hubby got the first two winners then one of our group got the reverse forecast in the fillies race and took £850 out of the satchels :)

I love the course and we are planning to go back next year - but book early and go to Richmond enc if we can. It did take 4hrs to get home due to signal failure on the trains!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Have to say I shall massively miss watching Richard Hughes ride at Goodwood - IMO there isn't a better pilot round there.

Bookended the festival with Mount Logan and Balmoral Castle (at 12s :) ), pity about inbetween .... onto the Ebor

Pleased for you TC. Nothing went my way this week.
I've gone off mid week racing, as I find it a distraction from other things I need to do. The big festival meetings like Royal Ascot and Goodwood are draining albeit entertaining.
Just personal preference but will be trying to focus on Saturdays from now on. Racing is only a hobby and keeping it to a Saturday would be ideal for me.

There's only one festival worth devoting your life to, imo..and that is Cheltenham in March!

Last edited:
3 from 30 odd pretty crap going tho marbs, fortunately other meetings keep the account in the black, but I can never resist the big festivals - oh indeed Cheltenham, always a weeks off for that !

Last edited:
Looks as though So Beloved will be disqualified from his Betfred Mile win at BHA hearing today. Urine sample positive for bute. Tough if you backed the second,Belgian Bill, at 20-1.

Back