Glorious Goodwood

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Early thoughts:

The opening handicap looks interesting. It's a 10f affair and Brilliant Light and Just Fine are prominent in the market- I wouldn't have thought it was enough of a stamina test for either. I've had a small bet on Moktasaab at 14s who didn't stay the 12f at Ascot and hated Epsom before then. He won easily over c/d earlier in the season.
I have the Lennox between Sacred and Lusail and got 8/1 about the latter a few weeks ago. Will back the fav as cover. Wouldn't oppose Kyprios in the boat race.

Migdam is one of my best trackers and he's in two 3yo handicaps - over 12f on Wed and 10f on Thursday. He'll likely be fav in whichever his trainer chooses for him. I can't oppose Baaeed in the Sussex but I've found a bet in the Oak Tree for fillies. Benefit was horribly outpaced in the race Flotus won at York recently before running on nicely and this easy 7 will really suit her - 10/1 is way overs (form franked today by Gale Force Maya.)

Grand Alliance is tempting in the Gordon stakes on the Thursday but would worry about him veering off course again - 9/1 is fair. I think Nashwa is a bit tight in the Nassau and at this stage Dreamloper would be of interest each way. This 10f on better ground is nowhere near as taxing as the Curragh race she was well beaten in the last day.

The King George market hasn't settled down since Twilight Calls and Royal Aclaim were pulled at the 5 day stage. I don't really like the race for Mitbaahy or Raasel who will probably head the market in such a speed test. Lazuli might be interesting - he doesn't really stay a stiff 5. Wouldn't touch the Golden Mile until the draw is made - will back Jimi Hendrix is he gets a nice berth.

And lastly First Folio or one of the top weights would be my choice in the Stewards Cup.

Yes I like the look of Harry Redknapps horse Moktasaab.

A longshot I put up who actually beat Cachet last season in a listed race and who ran well last time out, returning to some decent form is System. From what I can see this class three looks winnable and she's only gone up 3lb to 85.

Last edited:
Tuesday 1.50 - Legend Of Dubai 7/1 - This is the one that was backed off the boards in the lead up to the Hunt Cup but disappointed badly (it certainly disappointed me as I was on it quite heftily at decent odds!) and it looks like there might be another big move developing. All the reasons why I liked it for Ascot still apply so it isn't really sickness insurance. I haven't read any excuses anywhere for that run but there must have been a reason for it. It was just too bad to be true. I will be on a few in this race though, as per, but for now a lumpy win bet at 7s plus the boost will do.

I just missed out on the 4/1 Trueshan and have settled for 7/2. It's blue across the board and I reckon it will challenge Kyprios for favouritism by Tuesday. This isn't because of what it did in the Northumberland Plate; its overall form is just that wee bit better than anything Kyprios has done so far and I would fancy Trueshan to beat Kyprios. If the Newcastle form could be taken literally, Trueshan would be a candidate for the Odds On thread.

A three-cross with Legend Of Dubai and Sacred appeals.

I just missed out on the 4/1 Trueshan and have settled for 7/2. It's blue across the board and I reckon it will challenge Kyprios for favouritism by Tuesday. This isn't because of what it did in the Northumberland Plate; its overall form is just that wee bit better than anything Kyprios has done so far and I would fancy Trueshan to beat Kyprios. If the Newcastle form could be taken literally, Trueshan would be a candidate for the Odds On thread.

A three-cross with Legend Of Dubai and Sacred appeals.

Ground?

Legend of Dubai's win at Newmarket at the Guineas meeting is really good form (the second was behind Adjourn at Doncaster last time, a race that connects to Migdam who is pretty much my nap of the week) and like I said on the opening post, Brilliant Light and Just Fine are fades on this track over 10f.

Pleased to see Lusail declared for the Lennox but the 2 trap with Pat Dodds on in a double figure field spells trouble. I have backed the Legend/Sacred double to cover my Moktasaab and Lusail bets.

Migdam in my tracker, too, Euro. Bit of a clash because Hannon has Mugader in the same colours entered as well in the Wednesday one, although he’s probably not up to it - won a Class 4 over 1m6 at Donny last time and he’s being brought along slowly.

In two minds whether to give Equilateral another chance in the KG on Friday if he turns up. I thought he was a good thing for his Curragh run last time, but there were no obvious excuses and he just didn’t look good enough.

Other than that I’ve got a shed load of 2yo runners to look at when I know what’s running where.

Last edited:
One from my tracker for tuesday.
YACOWLEF 445 22/1 first time it led and ran green under a 7lb claimer. Tom Marquand rides for Paul Cole.

Tuesday 1.50 - Legend Of Dubai 7/1 - This is the one that was backed off the boards in the lead up to the Hunt Cup but disappointed badly (it certainly disappointed me as I was on it quite heftily at decent odds!) and it looks like there might be another big move developing. All the reasons why I liked it for Ascot still apply so it isn't really sickness insurance. I haven't read any excuses anywhere for that run but there must have been a reason for it. It was just too bad to be true. I will be on a few in this race though, as per, but for now a lumpy win bet at 7s plus the boost will do.

Now that I've collated and sorted my figures for the race, I've added Bell Rock each-way, 5 places, at 14/1 BOG. Top-rated on the best of his last six runs, another 4lbs better on his best form of last season (beat Maydanny, who subsequently won at Sandown then the Golden Mile, off 103 and is off 102 here) and Davies takes another five off. A low draw won't be a negative, I don't think, since he usually races fairly prominently. Hard to see him not making the frame and could win if LOD isn't as good as I hope.

Ever Given for me in the Lennox each way. He has track form at Goodwood having won a class two handicap here last season. This season he's not done too bad. He beat Oscula at Epsom who franked the form yesterday. I just think 16s is too big on Ever Given.

Last edited:
I would have thought Slim would have been here supporting Krypios.

I have a theory which probably holds about as much water as me saying Pyledriver only had a 1% chance of winning.

StradV is coming to the end of his racing career but would still have gone very close to winning the AGC but for Frankies antics.

That leads me to beleive there must be a chance that he\s aleady all but gone and Kyprios isn't that good.

If Trueshan was the 124 horse the decided to give him for beating trees he would be odds on for this.
especially with rain expected tomorrow.

If I am correct and it's not as good a race as those in the past then there must be a chance
Coltrane, who was brilliant,over the 2mile trip last time out, will come of age in this.

Coltrane 10/1 EW appeals to me as a sporting bet

Last edited:
I would have thought Slim would have been here supporting Krypios.

I have a theory which probably holds about as much water as me saying Pyledriver only had a 1% change of winning.

StradV is coming to the end of his racing career but would still have gone very close to winning the AGC but for Frankies antics.

That leads me to beleive there must be a chance that he\s aleady all but gone and Kyprios isn't that good.

If Trueshan was the 124 horse the decided to give him for beating trees he would be odds on for this.
especially with rain expected tomorrow.

If I am correct and it's not as good a race as those in the past then there must be a chance
Coltrane, who was brilliant,over the 2mile trip last time out, will come of age in this.

Coltrane 10/1 EW appeals to me as a sporting bet

The race has a nice shape about it with the nine runners for an each way bet. I think Tanlics argument holds some water and while Stradavarius will have his fans this could be a better race than Royal Ascot and Trueshan if the rain comes will be a tough nut to crack.

When I had a look at it I actually thought Princess Zoe was an each way price. She's not a bad horse on her day and not one you'd want to let go off too big a price.

Will Trueshan run though? We should still hopefully get the dead 8 runners even if he gets taken out.

I like Coltrane a bit aswell. But at an even bigger price I'll chance Princess Zoe. The Sagaro form from Ascot over 2 miles has been franked with Quickthorn winning twice since.

A year or two ago given Princess Zoe's early form in Ireland was all on heavy ground I would have questioned her ability on good to firm but she won on it at Ascot this season and was second in the Ascot Gold Cup on it last season. I think she goes on it ok. Although a drop of rain might help her.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what forecast that is Reet but there"s rain due tomorrow from what I can see. The Sporting Life race preview also states this. I think it's what Alan King is waiting to see before he runs Trueshan.

Apparantly he will run Trueshan if it goes to good ground.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what forecast that is Reet but there"s rain due tomorrow from what I can see. The Sporting Life race preview also states this. I think it's what Alan King is waiting to see before he runs Trueshan.

Apparantly he will run Trueshan if it goes to good ground.

The forecast I use is saying no rain right through to Saturday. The going is currently officially good, good to firm in places with watering taking place. I imagine they'll find a reason to add an extra ml or two to coax Trueshan into running but either way I'll trust King's judgment on the horse's participation. Good ground will probably be fine for him. He has won on good ground before but has been withdrawn every time 'firm' has appeared in the main description:

Trueshan | Race Record & Form | Racing Post

Is it possible they're shortening up Trueshan to profit from R4 deductions?

Last edited:
Brilliant Light looks good in the first. Had to be up with the pace from the 1 draw in the John Smiths, and just got run out of it by horses from further back. similarly drawn here, downhill track ideal and the brilliant DT retains the ride. Bet of the day for me. 7/1 generally - 5pl, if your so minded.
Sacred ought to win the Lennox though won't get rich at 2/1, and Kyprios has too many gears for Strad and Trueshan, so I've done a f/c with Coltrane to chase him home.
Fabulous meeting - luck to all.

Last edited:
The forecast I use is saying no rain right through to Saturday. The going is currently officially good, good to firm in places with watering taking place. I imagine they'll find a reason to add an extra ml or two to coax Trueshan into running but either way I'll trust King's judgment on the horse's participation. Good ground will probably be fine for him. He has won on good ground before but has been withdrawn every time 'firm' has appeared in the main description:

Trueshan | Race Record & Form | Racing Post

Is it possible they're shortening up Trueshan to profit from R4 deductions?

aW6eKvUkkZf5VSKpkWcWlIG2MRAFicJWkHiEmqPGhvOUKhncyy2NXucjOJ8d-uMC.jpg

I really do try but this twat gets on my nerves

Is there an entry stage for the stewards today? With final decs on Thursday?

I had a little anti post bet on Edward Cornelius who I think is a progressive horse. The Stewards would be a big ask him for though, but I'd still like to get a run for my money. I see he is entered in a five furlong race on Thursday. See what happens eh.

Well done Outsider with selecting Whenthedealinsdone early on at 33/1 now clear favourite for the race. I wouldn't lay off if I was you. But I don't know the circumstances of the bet you placed so good luck whatever you do.

Last edited:
Not saying I trust the weather forecast only posted what I found and if I can find the weather forcast for Goodwood racecourse from Thailand why can't others do the same ???

I had a little anti post bet on Edward Cornelius who I think is a progressive horse. The Stewards would be a big ask him for though, but I'd still like to get a run for my money. I see he is entered in a five furlong race on Thursday. See what happens eh.

Crikey. This fella Edward Cornelius now has five entries in total including the consolation Stewards Cup, a race at Donny on Saturday and a conditions event at Hamilton.

It'll be a miracle if I get a run for my coins in the Stewards Cup.

Fingers firmly crossed.

Last edited:
Back