Glorious Goodwood

Alright lads its been a while I'll be taking in some of the racing this week as I've got a bit of time off work I'll be opening the batting with the 2 Bahrain Bandits in the first tomorrow. Best of luck ;)

Hope you're all well.

Good to see they've let you out,see if you can stay out this time.

Alright lads its been a while I'll be taking in some of the racing this week as I've got a bit of time off work I'll be opening the batting with the 2 Bahrain Bandits in the first tomorrow. Best of luck ;)

Hope you're all well.

Welcome back, Danny.

Hope all's well with you and yours.

Also Mark Johnston ALWAYS targets this meeting and has been quoted recently saying he could have run horses elsewhere but has saved them for this week.

I look at johnsons at goodwood but always seem to back the wrong ones.

Wednesday's Sussex Stakes looks a cracker, with 'the best horse in the world' having his mettle tested by the speedy Japanese front-runner.
Wonder if there'll be 13lbs between them, come tomorrow evening?

What do you make of West End Charmer in the first, Lee?

We both liked him for Royal Ascot.

I am with Moktasaab tomorrow but I fear West End Charmer on a going day. Bearing in mind what Jinny said above. I may end up kicking myself after this race tomorrow. Please no.

I’ve deserted him Martin and gone with Bell Rock, for whom I just hope the jockey’s relative inexperience doesn’t affect the outcome too much in a race where it’d be very easy to meet trouble from an inside draw if not breaking smartly.

I know Johnston targets the meeting but he doesn’t look to have the same firepower this season as he normally does and I vaguely recall Kealy saying something about how he’s way down on winners compared to previous years. I do think West End Charmer will bag a decent handicap but Norton is going to have to make plenty of use of him early doors from 14 and, as one who likes to be prominent, I can see him being up there throughout only to be picked off in the final furlong

All that said, I fear I’m going to need to have a saver on him now with the 7 places on offer.

In the Lennox, I think Laneqash is too big. I’m not sure what happened in the Criterion but on earlier form in the Hungerford and John of Gaunt he’s a much more similar chance to Sacred, Kinross & Pogo than the prices would suggest. He’s over five times the price of Sacred and twice the price of the other two.

Especially if the pieces continue to have a positive effect.

Last edited:
He better be at his very best today Reet.

The ground is perfect for Order of Australia and he'll make him pull out all the stops.

An upset could be on the cards.

Bathrat Leon posted a time of 93.1 secs for 1m on g/f last April. which is probably faster than Baaeed's ever run in his life.
Have had a nibble at B365's 40/1.

He better be at his very best today Reet.

The ground is perfect for Order of Australia and he'll make him pull out all the stops.

An upset could be on the cards.

But wasn’t the ground pretty near perfect for him in the Queen Anne, too? Baaeed thumped him six lengths then without breaking sweat, so what’s changed?

Last edited:
Weather: 0.2mm rain on monday. Dry with an outside chance of a light shower.
Goodwood

Oh,ye of little faith!:)

Last edited:
Nice to see you back, Danny - stick around this time, eh?

Wish I could mate but loads going on at the minute ( nothing interesting). Really do miss chatting **** and punting horses maybe one day i'll find peace and i'll return on a more permanent basis.

Wish I could mate but loads going on at the minute ( nothing interesting). Really do miss chatting **** and punting horses maybe one day i'll find peace and i'll return on a more permanent basis.

Sincerely hope so - you are missed.

I just missed out on the 4/1 Trueshan and have settled for 7/2. It's blue across the board and I reckon it will challenge Kyprios for favouritism by Tuesday. This isn't because of what it did in the Northumberland Plate; its overall form is just that wee bit better than anything Kyprios has done so far and I would fancy Trueshan to beat Kyprios. If the Newcastle form could be taken literally, Trueshan would be a candidate for the Odds On thread.

Looks like King must be happy to run Trueshan and the money continues to come for it. It's now sharing favouritism with Kyprios and as short as 7/4 in a place or two.

I'd been planning to have a saver on Coltrane since Sunday. It was 10s across the board with no sign of blue anywhere so I thought I'd hold off for a drift. I'm less keen at the shorter prices now, especially with Trueshan looking like running, but have taken a small win bet at 9/2 in the market without Trueshan. If Kyprios doesn't run his race Coltrane could easily end up chasing Trueshan home and if Trueshan doesn't like the ground... All ifs and buts...

I wouldn't be surprised if Nate The Great tries to make all and is still there deep into the final stages.

Ever Given for me in the Lennox each way. He has track form at Goodwood having won a class two handicap here last season. This season he's not done too bad. He beat Oscula at Epsom who franked the form yesterday. I just think 16s is too big on Ever Given.

Showing as blue on oddschecker which must be a positive. No surprise if Kinross goes close and Pogo is so game I wouldn't begrudge him were he to win. I just think Ever Given could put in a lifetime best and run into a place.

I see System is well backed in the later handicap. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
It seems like no one facies the chances of StradV yet Gosden all but fired Frankie because of what?

Because he thought the horse would have won if Frankie hadn't messed up? seems that way.

Yet here we are disgarding him like Gosden was talking rubbish.

I neither like or dislike Trueshan I just wan't impressed by King running him in the NP like it was abig deal

Kyprios or StradV would have beaten that lot and probably even easier IMO.

Kyprios all the same is not the next coming and the race could go any one of 3 ways but I think a 2nd rate StradV will still beat those 2.

Or Coltrane will turn out to be the new kid on the block and anahilate them all...or he could be outclassed.

I backed Coltrane EW at 10/1 on the chance we are going through a poor staying era now StradV is past his best.

Showing as blue on oddschecker which must be a positive. No surprise if Kinross goes close and Pogo is so game I wouldn't begrudge him were he to win. I just think Ever Given could put in a lifetime best and run into a place.

I see System is well backed in the later handicap. Fingers crossed.

What do you think an all blue line means?

Did every ponter suddenly to decide to back the same horse at the same time.

It only takes one mad punter to change evreything.

E.G he want 5k on at 7/1 so bookie number 1 lays him 6/1 and takes the lot then he
has 500 quid on at 7/1 with 10 other bookies to cover the best and keeps the change.

Blue everywhere and the sheep follow and you end up with a no value bet

Hugo Palmer now trains in stables owned by Betfair supremo Roger Black and Michael Owen.

Yes I have a theory about a well backed horse of his.

Just shut up and come on here cheeky after the race please. :)

It's sharper, just like the horse might prove.

Well, it didn’t seem to inconvenience Baaeed before when he won there. On the other hand OoA didn’t particularly shine on it last year. Can’t see a turnaround myself. Seems to me that Baaeed is one of those once in a while freaks for us to enjoy. The only question to be answered is what he’ll find when he’s asked - he hasn’t had to try yet!

Backed Soto Sizzler in the 1.50

Likes downhill tracks and has the right man on top

Last edited:
Dammit! I was so busy running around and had spotted this last night, thought I had backed it on my B365 account.....but I hadn’t :(.......and after even flagging the ruddy yard up too! Duh!

Back