Godolphin

Hamm

At the Start
Does anyone know how they plan to operate this season?

Are all 2 year olds going to Fabre, and is this the only age group he will train for Sheikh Mohammed? Same silks?

I notice Frankie rides what I would have thought the better of the two Gosden horses today in the first at Newmarket, owned by Princess Haya - will be be riding more of her horses this year? He seemed to ride more and more of her's as the year went on, and also quite a few of Sheikh Rashid's (if that is the correct name - those with Mark Johnston)

I see he is the big mount (I presume that means Group races) rider for Sheikh Mohammed's horses with Fabre.

Skanky Biscuit the latest to suffer from the Godolphin curse, out till later in the season.

They have potentially their strongest group of older horses in quite some time ... Ibn Khaldun, Fast Company, Creachadoir, Eastern Anthem, Gladatorius, Campanologist, Alexandros, Veracity, Sagara, Il Warrd, Rio de la Plata, Kirklees, Schiaparelli, Dandy Man, Diabolical.

i presume they will try to win a race or two. they had the strongest group of horses for the last 5 years now .... and some of the above mentioned horses never even made it to the races for godolphin ...

I have been one of their fiercer critics in recent years but they had a really really good spell in Dubai this Winter and they have bought the horses back earlier and have some very exciting horses this year. If they balls it up this year, Sheikh Mo needs to seriously reconsider the operation in it's current form.

I can't wait to see Gladiatorus and Eastern Anthem and I think Rio De La Plata may have a better season than last.

Doesn't surprise me about Skanky Biscuit, I wonder what the hell they do to them at times.

You have to do all the minor tracks and evening meetings to be CJ - he won't be doing that!

True, but he was Champion just a few years ago in Godolphin's bumper year, and I can't imagine he did them then, either...

They have potentially their strongest group of older horses in quite some time ... Ibn Khaldun, Fast Company, Creachadoir, Eastern Anthem, Gladatorius, Campanologist, Alexandros, Veracity, Sagara, Il Warrd, Rio de la Plata, Kirklees, Schiaparelli, Dandy Man, Diabolical.

How many European Group 1's will this lot win between them? I'd be a bit surprised if they won more than a couple at best.

Rio de la Plata should be sent to the Tattersalls Gold Cup with a pacemaker. Ballydoyle have nothing over 1m2, and this Group 1 is there for the taking.

Normally that would be the case but I actually think that could see a high-class field (regardless of Ballydoyle) this year.

Yes, forgot Casual Conquest and Famous name, if that is who you mean? my bad.

I think Rio de la Plata would beat both though, but it would be close.

Those two, plus Stoute has most of his top older horses in there, and there's various others with Group 1 form too.

(Watch it cut up to three runners now...)

Godolphin have just had their first two year old winner..Izaaj. Interesting to see do they have more early types this year.

They had a nice looking two year old last night at Windsor who finished third and wasn't given a hard time by the jockey, by Dubai Destination out of Satin Flower and who luckily looked nothing like his sire. Humble beginnings but one never knows. Overall though I have think they have had a poor start to the season.

And by a Coolmore stallion. I would guess it's a horse they picked up when acquiring a stable?

Is he by GC? Ran at the Guineas meeting if I remember rightly - quite nice looking although a little small I thought. If he's the one I'm thinking of think he was part of the Stonerside purchase

Last edited:
Back