Godolphin

Not big news but Shaweel apparently has a bruised cannon bone - may be seen later in the season but primarily being saved for the carnival. He's obviously not the best they've got but the carnival seems a priority rather than getting him back for this season.

schiaparelli entered in german group 1 in düsseldorf at weekend. with quite weak german opposition he could just be the class horse in the race. if he runs, and if it does not come to soon after newmarket, that is.

There is nothing more annoying than backing a hold-up horse in a race Dettori is on the front end in, you may as well throw your slip away.

How good was he on Fanjura yesterday at Ascot? Judged it to absolute perfection.

The same certainly can't be said for Richard Hughes on Last Three Minutes.

How good was he on Fanjura yesterday at Ascot? Judged it to absolute perfection.

The same certainly can't be said for Richard Hughes on Last Three Minutes.

Too good for those that bacled William Blake :mad:.

Regarding the second point, Hughes has been riding out of his skin this year and I wouldn't be too harsh on him. The horse was up in trip whilst he has also made a mug of Richard Hills twice this year and needed all of Ryan Moore's urgings just to get up at Lingfield prior to that.

Rio de la Plata back Saturday. Plenty of good races if they get him back to where he was and he shows a little improvement. Given no chance in the French Guineas and Prix Jean Prat, and the Derby was a pipe dream.

Godolphin doing just fine - would have been three GSW at Saratoga last weekend but for a DQ.

Will be good to see Rio back on the track and interesting to see if they keep Music Note to sprints or go routing again with her.

I noticed in the RP that he would only run if the ground was right - good ? bottomless? Haydock used to be my local track and was great for mudlovers. With all the rain it would unlikely be good. Does anyone know what going is right for the colt?

If it's on the round course then they'll be fine, if it's the straight course then they're using the new super draining sprint course.

Will be there on Saturday.

Which bit of the gorgeous NW are you from then lochsong? (sorry i'm intrigued as a fellow NWer)

Though some continue to bomb . Lady Marian , Schiaparelli beaten though ran well and in particular Urban Poet who needs to go straight back to Mark Johnston.

Back