Godolphin

Out of interest did anyone see the stewards enquiry after the queens vase yesterday? Why I mention it is as they stopped showing pictures of the enquiry the cameras cut to the Sheik and co. He was passed a phone and obviously given the result of the enquiry as he looked like a Cheshire cat. 30 seconds later the places remain unaltered. Is it common place for owner to find out first?

I think Namibian should have been thrown out - looked like a calculated risk manoeuvre to me akin to Queally on Jacqueline Quest .

I don't follow the racing in the spring in Dubai so would welcome any opinions on Calvados Blues. He looks interesting today because earlier in his career he was obviously being campaigned at the wrong trip and the boys in blue seem to have done OK with him now he's been upped in trip. Conditions should suit today with him being by Lando.

I am having one of my biggest bets e/w today on Passion for Gold. A group 1 winnerat 2, and close up behind St Nick before that. Needed the run at Lingfeld and turned that form around emphaticall at Goodwood. Today's ground should really suit, and his form is very close to anything Await the Dawn has but is 16 times the price and the ground much more suitable for him.

Time for the annual "Where the f**k is X Godolphin horse" competition.

Kicking off with....

White Moonstone and Kingsfort?

True but Zarooni is obviously not so dialled in to the Godolphin way cos he has actually managed to get Dubai Prince and French Navy to the track as 3yo's!!!!

Time for the annual "Where the f**k is X Godolphin horse" competition.

Kicking off with....

White Moonstone and Kingsfort?

I think after the carnival they gave up on Kingsfort. He got beat in a handicap off 105 or 106.

I expect he'll be running for John Ferguson over hurdles (newly licensed permit trainer with an abundance of ex-Arab owned horses) - 3 of his last 4 runners won!

Same chap - had some success with his pointers in recent years, can get one fit first time out and unlike some of Sheikh Mo's other trainers seems to know a good jockey when he sees one ie. Paul Moloney and Jack Quinlan.

Martin

Ruddy hell, never knew that! Could we see Kingsfort in a fakenham novice hurdle anytime soon?!

He's trained a few pointers in the last couple of seasons - had his son ride a winner for him at Cottenham last December, in fact I think he had a double that day. Was unlucky that his best horse was killed at Cheltenham in 2010 but he's had a cracking start to his career with a permit and surely only a matter of time before he goes public?

Two John Ferguson's on the RP database, is it the one who has had three winners from his last three runners, training out of cowlinge Suffolk? The other entry has got no records attached.

Last edited:
I'd be suprised if he committed himself as a public trainer - hes on to too much of a good thing with Godolphin - hes actually a very nice guy - sorted me a job out in the US years ago so I have plenty of time for him and had a good chat with him at the Stratford point to point awards lunch when we were picking up award for Fully Loaded.

But I think hes got 25 or so in? Or at least thats what the RP said in a report after one of his winners.

Godolphin are to close the US satellite yard which housed the North American horses who ran under Saeed Bin Suroor's name and redistribute the string among other established trainers in the States.
Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford said on Tuesday that Sheikh Mohammed's elite team would still have runners in the US but they will be trained by Kiaran McLaughlin, Tom Albertrani and Eoin Harty.
Crisford said: "Saeed has had a satellite stable on the east coast of America for the last few years to cater for horses that were coming from England to America, but we don't really have any horses now that are transferring in that direction from Europe. They tend to come to the Middle East instead, so there is no need for that stable." (Racing Post)

Saeed bin Suroor hits form. Pity it's for the small maidens at Kempton when the season is over. What a trainer to have all these 500k purchases with. Al Zarooni has really shown where the problem is with Godolphin.

Back