Godolphin

I'm not sure it is entirely down to the training. The amount of money they go through at the sales you would think they would have horses that regardless of how they are trained would still show more on the racecourse due to natural ability. The problem maybe the horses they are buying. Obviously it doesn't help having the Coolmore embargo in place but I'm still sure there are plenty of good horses to be had from different breeding lines.

what else could it possibly be down to, kauto? even they cannot buy all the crap. imo its down to a fatefull combination of bad communication, too many people who think they have something to say, a boss who thinks he´s got it all to do, bad/uninterested/overworked/underworked/etc. staff, too many horses = bad training. Too many fancy gadgets (remember when they blew up a horse in this weird machine!?!), not a lot of common sense. and the last small factor of it all is that the horses must feel like machines themselfs. You never see any of the lads smile, talk to the horse, whatever, at the races, before and after, win or lose. Call me naive but I am convinced horses sense your joy etc. after a win, but its been a long time after their horses had something to sense.

now, thinking about it, it might be a devils circle :rolleyes:

Money to be made my taking him on with Wigmore Hall.

What case can you make for backing a horse rated half a stone inferior at levels? The ground, which was too fast for Chabal in the Dante, should be perfect. I wouldn't back anything but am interested as to why you think Wigmore Hall has such a good chance at 11/8?

Wigmore Hall is seen to much better effect coming off a strong pace in big fields. Looks vulnerable tonight with Bell also suggesting this is basically his last piece of work before he goes pot-hunting abroad.

Bin-Suroor has won this race for the last two years and had 4 entries to choose from - I'm thinking 6/5 could look a value bet on this occasion.

Quite a fan of Hanson'D EW at 20/1 incase one of the front two underpeforms, ran in some decent races and the step up could bring out a bit more improvement.

What case can you make for backing a horse rated half a stone inferior at levels? The ground, which was too fast for Chabal in the Dante, should be perfect. I wouldn't back anything but am interested as to why you think Wigmore Hall has such a good chance at 11/8?

I backed Chabal in the Dante where I thought he was a bit of a good thing. I also clung to the excuse that the ground was too fast but he was equally dissapointing on good ground with no excuses when beaten in a poor renewal of the Dewhurst. He might have 7lb in hand but he might need everyone of them against a progressive sort in Wigmore Hall.

I agree that the 11/8 is a bit skinny but 7/4 Sporting Odds or my choice 13/8 guaranteed with Bet365 looks good to me

The Dante was indeed disappointing but I thought he looked dreadful before the Dewhurst, as did plenty judging by his drifting in the market. As I said I wouldn't back him, but would want more than 11/4 about Wigmore Hall before I'd think about a bet..

Good luck.

I didn't realise that Chabal was stripped of his sandown trial win because of banned substances in the blood - Did anyone else know that and I missed it or was it conveniently swept under the carpet?

Yes, saw it, and it's not the first time this has happened to Godolphin recently (Delegator last season also).

Suroor hit with fine over failed drug test.

SAEED BIN SUROOR Saeed bin Suroor (born October 10, 1967, Dubai), is a horse racing trainer. Formerly a policeman, he took out his training license in 1994 and the following year was appointed as the trainer for Sheikh Mohammed's Godolphin operation.
..... Click the link for more information. was fined pounds 1,500 and ordered to pay pounds 500 in costs after the trainer's one-time Derby hope Chabal became the third Godolphin horse to fail a drug test in two years, writes Jon Lees.

The four-time champion Flat trainer was told all horses under his care would undergo veterinary examination and drug testing within the next 12 months after traces of the banned substance banned substance n (SPORT) → sustancia prohibida

banned substance n → sostanza al bando (nello sport)
..... Click the link for more information. ranitidine ranitidine /ra·ni·ti·dine/ (rah-ni´ti-den) a histamine H2 receptor antagonist, used as the hydrochloride salt to inhibit gastric acid secretion in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and
..... Click the link for more information. was found in a urine sample taken from Chabal after his victory in the Bet365 Classic Trial at Sandown in April.

That reads the same way some of my colleagues sound when they're speaking English.

The answer to the question is just about in there....

Last edited:
Simon Crisford describes Chabal's return here as a 'softly softly' affair.

He said: "We picked this race as we didn't want him to travel too far. The alternative was Haydock, but that would have meant an oovernight. He'd prefer softer ground, but he's in good order. It's a hot race and he's not wound up, but he's doing his best obviously. We just want to get him back on track though.

Worrying if you have backed Chabal

Simon Crisford describes Chabal's return here as a 'softly softly' affair.

He said: "We picked this race as we didn't want him to travel too far. The alternative was Haydock, but that would have meant an oovernight. He'd prefer softer ground, but he's in good order. It's a hot race and he's not wound up, but he's doing his best obviously. We just want to get him back on track though.

Worrying if you have backed Chabal

Where did you find that Kauto? I'm a bit shocked by it, was it in the Racing Post?

I didn't realise that Chabal was stripped of his sandown trial win because of banned substances in the blood - Did anyone else know that and I missed it or was it conveniently swept under the carpet?

well, read it in a sort of side-sentence / small article about 14 days ago, was surprised it didnt cause bigger waves. might still have some influence at the Racing Post.

AND it was too hot a race for chabal as well. was tracked by a 100/1 for some way ;)

Are you mixing him up with Kingsfort? Chabal's maiden does not look that hot.

Check the amount of winners that came out of the race -granted the 2nd is a poisonous rat but I thought it was a very good race at the time.

Back