Great Places To Eat

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Thanks guys, made a note of all these so I won't starve anyway!! Now all I need is a tall dark and handsome (and rich if I want to eat well) Irishman .......

Hijacking a little here - if mods object feel free to split.

Anyone got any recommendations for a tight arsed (probably a Poodle rather than a gnat) Scotsman to eat at in Liverpool? Centre. Preferably docks side of the Centre. In fact Victoria St area would probably be grand, although from where I'll probably be staying I can manage yon Chinatown area.

In Dublin, my favourite restaurant is The Chilli Club just off Grafton St. Not exactly sure of the name of the street, but off Duke St. Been about five times now with a group, and not once has anyone come away thinking that the food wasnt great. Small restaurant and staff not the most friendly in the world, but the food is fantastic.

Originally posted by simmo@Sep 19 2007, 12:06 PM
Hijacking a little here - if mods object feel free to split.

Anyone got any recommendations for a tight arsed (probably a Poodle rather than a gnat) Scotsman to eat at in Liverpool? Centre. Preferably docks side of the Centre. In fact Victoria St area would probably be grand, although from where I'll probably be staying I can manage yon Chinatown area.
Apparently 60 Hope Street Liverpool, L01 9BZ, UK does a deep-fried jam butty for £4.95.

Garney,

I'd forgotten about that. I like it too. And just twenty yards from the Sporting Emporium if you fancy a flutter afterwards.

Originally posted by betsmate@Sep 19 2007, 11:35 AM
Apparently 60 Hope Street Liverpool, L01 9BZ, UK does a deep-fried jam butty for £4.95.
It's gone up to £5.95 by all accounts. But the Carnation Milk Ice Cream which accompanies it sounds intriguing.

Even more intriguing is the Award Winning Lancaster Kipper Tart at £6.95. Sounds tasty.

The best restaurant I have ever eaten in is Dubh Prais in the Royal Mile, Edinburgh. A little cellar restaurant, like someone's front room, the food was amazing and they had a great wine list. I ate at The Witchery in the same week which always gets rave reviews, but to be honest Dubh Prais p*ssed all over The Witchery.

Locally I tend to eat in pubs and the best Dorset pubs, in my opinion, are the World's End, the Elm Tree and the Scott Arms. Mind you, there are several in West Dorset that I haven't tried yet :P

Back