Great Weekend In Dublin - GWID 2013

I'll be there. I'll be ignoring you in the owners and trainers bar...

If you can get me in...

Last edited:
I'd need to know numbers asap as I'm heading to Dublin Racing Club gig tonight so might be able to source some of those tickets, but won't be able to get many. I will also need to organise tables in the Leop Inn so need to know how many for dinner too.

The plan is to meet at the races then go for a pint or two and a meal afterwards, somewhere nearby. Some might then wish to venture further afield.

Anyone who wants to come is welcome, send a phone number by PM and I'll text to say where on the course we can be found. Some of us are usually to be found at the parade ring between races. We'll also need to book a table for food afterwards, so please let me know if you want to be included in the eating plans.

The plan is to meet at the races then go for a pint or two and a meal afterwards, somewhere nearby. Some might then wish to venture further afield.

Anyone who wants to come is welcome, send a phone number by PM and I'll text to say where on the course we can be found. Some of us are usually to be found at the parade ring between races. We'll also need to book a table for food afterwards, so please let me know if you want to be included in the eating plans.

Sent you a PM. This is for Saturday right?

I need to manage some domestic bliss issues - but I should be about 4/11 to get to the Leop Inn on Saturday after racing. I'll txt Grey to confirm.

Thanks, we should have reasonable weather for it too, although presumably after the rain today and frost tonight the ground will be very testing.

Evening All,

Just back from a hugely enjoyable day at Leopardstown where I had the pleasure of meeting some revered old forumites and some of a newer vintage. The day ended (for me) with a very enjoyable dinner at a local restaurant and some very stimulating and interesting equine conversation. Regrettably, despite some promising indicators, Slim Shady didn’t make it.

On a related, slightly indelicate matter. Grey seems to have mislaid his favourite underpants. Some suggestions of a lamp-post and a tub of pseudo-cream were offered but didn’t make sense to me. He tells me they are stripey.

If anybody has any information can they post it here please.

I have no recollection of this incident but it's probably true because the pair I've woken up with are plain.

I am driving down Sunday, great racing, too good to be missed . Great to have a beer with any of you lads , I know Cantoris is going but think he has wiggled in to some hospitality. What about you Art , flying in from Euro Headquarters?

Last edited:
I am indeed, Brian, a beer would be great. Edgt will be there too.

Good man Art, I will call you on Sunday morning on the way down. Chroniclandlord , Im driving down from Lisburn on Sunday , should be down shortly after midday. I will PM your my mobile number to arrange a pint with Grey and the others.

Back