Group E

The BBC cnt is still on about confusion over GL technology. He's the only one who's confused ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Pearce came across as a clueless ar*se when wittering on about 'confusion', when it was completely bleedin' obvious to anyone with a working brain, why they showed both the hit off the post and the subsequent hit off the keeper.

France 4/5 Switzerland 0/30 might end up a lot tougher for the French than the bookies are predicting.

Switzerland are aware that should they finish 2nd in their table they will have to face Argentina as would France.

If they draw they might have to score an absolute bundle against Hondurus or enough to break even with France.....If that were to happen Switzerland would go through as group winners having won more qualifying games.

The only problem is their average of 1.7 goals par game when qualifying makes depending on scoring a bundle against anyone a dodgy way to go.

While France would probably be happy with a win or a draw, if Switzerland want to go any further in the competition they must go all out for the win which should make it an interesting contest.

Last edited:
Indeed. Pearce came across as a clueless ar*se when wittering on about 'confusion', when it was completely bleedin' obvious to anyone with a working brain, why they showed both the hit off the post and the subsequent hit off the keeper.

He was still giving out about it last night during commentary - he pretty much is going to bring this up every time a goal line decision is given.

I try not to let commentators affect me but his gushing drivel about Brazil the country and its football and its people and blah blah did my head in. all it did was make you want them to get stuffed

France 4/5 Switzerland 0/30 might end up a lot tougher for the French than the bookies are predicting.

Switzerland are aware that should they finish 2nd in their table they will have to face Argentina as would France.

If they draw they might have to score an absolute bundle against Hondurus or enough to break even with France.....If that were to happen Switzerland would go through as group winners having won more qualifying games.

The only problem is their average of 1.7 goals par game when qualifying makes depending on scoring a bundle against anyone a dodgy way to go.

While France would probably be happy with a win or a draw, if Switzerland want to go any further in the competition they must go all out for the win which should make it an interesting contest.

Similar to my thoughts Tanlic. I didn't see either of the first games unfortunately, but i'll be tuning in tomorrow. By all accounts the French were quite good against Honduras, although I'm not sure how much you can judge the match given they were against 10 men for the 2nd half.

I've backed the Swiss to be eliminated at the quarters stage, with the thinking you've mentioned above. They HAVE to win this, to avoid Argentina. Of course I understand that France are in the same boat, but I'm not sure they'd have the same urgency in mind as the Swiss. On a going day France could put it up to the Argentinians, or at least they will certainly believe this. I have huge respect for Hitzfeld and if anyone can get this side organised to meet this challenge its him.

Massive game for the Swiss. With my current bet in mind, i'll back the draw in this match. Anything but a French win s'il vous plait.

I feel the need to remind people that Switzerland are terrible, really, really poor team.

I'm still smouldering from the BURNING I took on the Colombia v Ivory Coast match when disagreeing with you yesterday Ali....
I had a few bad luck stories in the England game too and overall took a hammering yesterday!

But I tend to agree with you on Switzerland. I thought they were atrocious against Ecuador (who weren't any better) and beyond lucky to win that game!
I'm struggling to find any value betting angle into this game though. No MOTM market available and France at Odds on is not my kind of bet......

Tink I'm right in saying the other contender for that honour are probably quarter final opponents.

Yes, and that's the problem - I've backed both pre-tournament. Higher odds than now but they're the 2 who have impressed me both so far.

Benzema looks in savage form, best I've seen him. So sharp.

I wonder does Harry still think he's rubbish?

France look very balanced Bar, no? I'd like Pogba and Griezmann back in though..

Back