Guineas

Overall, the form looks very sound. I think time will show it was a very good renewal but will crunch some numbers later in the week.

Barney Roy looked like he stumbled at the crucial moment. TV haven't mentioned it though. Will need to see a replay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed this tweet:

The "Churchilll a bad price" brigade are now saying messy race. Stoked for them doing their bollocks all year as he runs up a string of 1s

Nice piece of team riding by the Ballydoyle boys. Pure ineptitude from the rest.
Be surprised if Churchill kept his position at the head of the 3yo old tree by season's end.

It wasn't messy so much as unsatisfactory. The team tactics and the dream run up the rail flattered him imo. I'm laying him in single figures for the Derby as I type. He probably won't run and if he does no chance at all of staying.

It wasn't messy so much as unsatisfactory. The team tactics and the dream run up the rail flattered him imo. I'm laying him in single figures for the Derby as I type. He probably won't run and if he does no chance at all of staying.

Where Lancaster Bomber ended up on thectrack in the dip was no conncidence either. Pure spoiling tactics.

Enjoyed this tweet:

The "Churchilll a bad price" brigade are now saying messy race. Stoked for them doing their bollocks all year as he runs up a string of 1s

Personally don't think that second part is going to happen. In any case he won't be any bet worthy price in the near future

Personally don't think that second part is going to happen. In any case he won't be any bet worthy price in the near future

It was more the complete opposite view to me that amused me. If that had been a boxing match the 2nd and 3rd would be expecting a rematch. Let's hope it happens at the Curragh or Ascot.

Bear in mind the winner got warm beforehand and didn't have a prep, I think I'd want to take a very positive view of his performance.

Bear in mind the winner got warm beforehand and didn't have a prep, I think I'd want to take a very positive view of his performance.

The winner did not need a prep. Typical O'Brien mo with these types. The 2nd and 3rd have more natural progression in them

Backing Churchill at 7/4 for the Derby on that performance is asking for a one way ticket to the poorhouse

Last edited:
Backing Churchill at 7/4 for the Derby on that performance is asking for a one way ticket to the poorhouse

I wouldn't take that price myself as I think it might be longer on the day or at some point before then but he should stay the trip okay, has won probably an above-average Guineas and should improve for the run so what's not to like?

I wouldn't take that price myself as I think it might be longer on the day or at some point before then but he should stay the trip okay, has won probably an above-average Guineas and should improve for the run so what's not to like?

I have laid him at 7 and 8. He has no chance of staying the trip. His mother and grandmother were 5f sprinters.

DO, Just watching the race the once, everything fell perfectly for him. The stablemate acted more as a pace maker than running on his own merits, and yet has still only finished a couple of lengths back. The French horse came from way too far back, and the field hasn't exactly been stretched out. I'll be laying Churchill heavily in the place market on the day. Reminds me of another AOB Derby fav a few years back ( name escapes me just now ) who I was adamant wouldn't win and faded into about 6th.

Believe it or not Aidan likes his horses to sweat up before a race-my source for this is Mick Kinane.I have learned not to take this as a negative for Ballydoyle horses but would for any other stable.Can anyone explain why he would like his horses to sweat before a race.

Is sweating before a race a psychological thing, or a physical thing, or both? Can a horse sweat if it knows or senses its about to race? If not then the sweating must be down to cantering to the start?

DO, Just watching the race the once, everything fell perfectly for him. The stablemate acted more as a pace maker than running on his own merits, and yet has still only finished a couple of lengths back. The French horse came from way too far back, and the field hasn't exactly been stretched out. I'll be laying Churchill heavily in the place market on the day. Reminds me of another AOB Derby fav a few years back ( name escapes me just now ) who I was adamant wouldn't win and faded into about 6th.

Has the Derby actually been mentioned by anybody that it's a target for Churchill?

Back