Haldon Gold Cup day

I honestly dont know why people at looking to go against Long Run in the KG. Cant see him getting beaten in that race if he turn ups. Rest are playing for other 2 places, quarter 1st 3 and bookies arent exactly generous with their ante post. Cant really see that much price difference on the day for a lot of these horses espeically bookies are so competitive in the morning price war.

An example as opposed to an outright comparison.

Is my point as a whole and taken in context irrelevent though, Rory?
Irrelevant in that the point uses an entirely fallacious argument. It's possible to pooh-pooh Captain Chris's chances of winning the King George for good reason, but comparing him to Voy Por Ustedes as a supporting argument (as with the Denman comparison yesterday) is spurious.

You are - Voy Por Ustedes was an Arkle winner who won the Champion Chase the following season. Comparisons with Captain Chris at this stage are largely irrelevant. With respect, natch.

To be fair he was still an Arkle winner who ran and got beat in the KG. Admittedly that fact is far from going to affect Captain Chris on Boxing Day but I'm with Grasshopper (I think) that Wishful Thinking is probably a more logical choice for the 3M+ races this season. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Back