handicap plots 13/14

Amethyst Rose went off 11/2 JF

form 142l off winners in 4 races, then won today. hmmmm

DATE RACE CONDITIONS WGT RACE OUTCOME JOCKEY OR TS RPR
30Oct13 Crl 17Sft C4NvH 3K 10-5 11/12 (38L The Liquidator 10-12) 100/1 Richie McGrath — * *
15May13 Per 21Gd C5MdH 3K 10-2 7/13 (23L Jumbo John 11-0) 80/1 Gary Rutherford — * *
26Apr13 Per 17GS C4MdH 3K 10-2 9/11 (50L The Cockney Mackem 11-0) 80/1 Gary Rutherford — * *
30Mar13 Crl 17Gd C6NHF 1K 10-9 7/8 (31L Run Ructions Run 10-7) 14/1 Gary Rutherford — * *

Haha I hate after timers but I was on at 20s last night after it had been backed from 50s . Just had the profile of a job horse and the trainer has landed a gamble a few times in recent years. I watched the race the front 2 broke miles clear and I'd say they will be out again soon under penalties

Possibly more of a blot than a plot I reckon but i'll be intrigued to find out if Baile Anrai runs in the Fixed Brush Hurdle on Saturday. Seemingly quite well weighted on best form not so long ago. He had an official chase rating of 140 after winning a novice chase by 24L last season but then lost his way, however an engagement in the Fixed Brush hurdle off 125 would be worth an interest for me.
Third last time to Hidden Identity and Zuider Zee reads well, a good comeback run over hurdles.

Last edited:
Interesting one for JP and Jonjo in the last at Exeter tomorrow
3 midfield runs in novice hurdles and given an opening mark of 103 with jockey also taking off 8lb
8/1 with Victor at the moment

Did anyone think Alfie sherrin might be worth keeping a close eye on after his run the other day. Has landed a festival handicap before

After staying on in the fixed brush no doubt he will go and win the lexus and gold cup now!
Seriousley though I think connection are wanting a crack at Aintree.

Burton Port probably isn't the force of old and his current mark (158) makes him hard to place at the moment but, after a quiet winter, I reckon he might "rediscover some form" in a Cheltenham Festival handicap, by which time he'll probably be rated in the low 140s.

Money for Swinbank's upped in trip in the 3.00 at Carlisle today
10s into 9/2 (6s in places).

Was reported to have been aimed at the County Hurdle last season, but when the rain came they changed plans & went for the Plumpton Sussex Champion Hurdle (and won).

Evan Williams keeps emphasising the need for good ground, I could see him popping up in something like the Ladbroke Hurdle, or the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury in February.

Entered in the Ladbroke, would be sure to get a run off his rating. If the ground is good then the 25-1 on offer with the race sponsor looks a steal.

I think Cause of Causes is getting an education over fences-quoted for the Paddy Power over Christmas but I could see the Grand Annual or Galway Plate as the likely targets.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=591300&r_date=2013-12-12#raceTabs=sc_

Ramona Chase is making his handicap debut at Taunton tomorrow and RP summary reads "stands out at the weights on his Flat form despite being 10lb wrong but he has looked a handful over hurdles so far and could not be described as a natural jumper. This sharp track will suit and the tongue-tie returns."

How has he got a mark, given one of his three tailed off runs saw his rider banned. ? Incidentally he's only finished in front of three runners and he's faced forty two.

Yeah I'm on Ramona chase, thought 4-1 was a bit skinny but the books aren't stupid they know the crack here. Will either finished tailed off or win on the snuff

Yeah I'm on Ramona chase, thought 4-1 was a bit skinny but the books aren't stupid they know the crack here. Will either finished tailed off or win on the snuff

Probably depends on whether the stable have got on or not.

Cantabilly maybe 10yo but the handicapper is finally relenting and wouldn't be surprised to see him run well, easiest race he's contested for a long while and loves the track. Ill have a small e/way on him and a small combo f/c & tricast with Ramona Chase and one other? If I get time to study the race?

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=591300&r_date=2013-12-12#raceTabs=sc_

Incidentally he's only finished in front of three runners and he's faced forty two.

Make that four :lol:

Meanwhile on Betfair

"We experienced a technical error on the win and place markets which prevented us from managing the event in play. We're investigating the root cause although believe it was an isolated issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused."

Last edited:
Interesting betting for the 2.40 Southwell today, Razin' Hell has had 3 runs to get a handicap mark, tailed off on debut at Newcastle over 7f on G/S, a more prominent run at Wolves next time over 7f weakening to finish beaten over 30L, beaten 15L at Kempton on 3rd start this time over 6f.

Nothing much to see, given a mark of 45, makes it's handicap debut today at Southwell over 6f, 5lb claimer on board and has cheekpieces for the first time, 20/1 biggest this morning and now blue across the board on oddschecker, 16/1 still available but interesting to see how the betting develops and how it runs today.

Mugged close home, tried to make all, clearly today was the day.

Razing Hell takes on the conquerer from the gambled on run 2 outings ago, back over track and trip at Southwell. 1lb better off at the weights but no 5lb claim from the jockey as Martin Harley takes the ride today. 1st time visor for RH, I'd expect to see another jump and run performance and today he may just hold on, was 7/2, now 11/4, the first two in the market have been well supported.

Last edited:
Razing Hell takes on the conquerer from the gambled on run 2 outings ago, back over track and trip at Southwell. 1lb better off at the weights but no 5lb claim from the jockey as Martin Harley takes the ride today. 1st time visor for RH, I'd expect to see another jump and run performance and today he may just hold on, was 7/2, now 11/4, the first two in the market have been well supported.

BANG!!!! Nice one Steve

Well done lads I missed this one. Do we think there's anything banged in for the ladbroke on sat. I see Brian Ellison is buzzing with totalize

Back