Harchibald

My impression was that Harchibald and Bobs Pride both jumped and ran perfectly well which, given the total authority he won with, makes Sizing Europe's display pretty awesome.

Obviously there is huge potential for overrating the horse on this performance given the nature of the competition, but until proven otherwise I'm happy to plump with awesome.

Report of the race states that Meade's instructions to Carberry were to 'get the horse round' and that's what it looked like to me - Harchi was looked after today to make sure he measured his jumps and knew he was doing osmething different from usual.

He fluffed the last slightly under pressure, but on the whole it was a good round without putting him under too much pressure. It will be interesting to see if they make more use of his speed next time - presuming there is one!

Decision taken to retire Harchibald over the weekend.

Gave me some of my best days racing anyway. Long will his best days live in the memory!

Last edited:
He'll be remembered, fondly in my case. In his day he could keep a whole discussion forum going on his own.

He was very classy, figured in some of the most epic contests you'd ever wish to see, and put up some great performances.

A serious horse, i'd great time for him. I'll never forget the 1st time he won the Christmas Hurdle when Rooster Booster nearly went a furlong ahead of him and he pegged him back through the fog to win it. I'd say i backed him every time he ran. Hope he has a happy retirement!

A serious horse, i'd great time for him. I'll never forget the 1st time he won the Christmas Hurdle when Rooster Booster nearly went a furlong ahead of him and he pegged him back through the fog to win it. I'd say i backed him every time he ran. Hope he has a happy retirement!

I would love to see that race again with Holts commentary. Cracking race to watch.

The betting iin running was mental. Evens your choice two from home with a massive distance between them.

Great day when he pegged in the Booster

Maybe not in terms of quality but in terms of excitement the Champion where he was pipped by Hardy was one of the greatest races I've ever seen....Harchibald on the bridle over the next. Hairs on the back of the neck.

Glad he's out in one piece. Let's hope Hardy follows suit and the three old feckers - Brave Inca in toe - can argue about it for years to come!

Back