Has finians reached the end of the line?

fonz

At the Start
what has happened to the lad its only 2 years since he ran in the arkle?

If I was Michael Buckley, I'd throw him in against the Aeroplane.

Running over 2m on quicker ground suited him in the not-so-distant past, and he is surely worth dropping back in trip to see if it makes any difference.

I think anyone who had Sizing Europe down as one of last year's good things will remember that only too well and their contrasting fortunes this season.

possibley worth missing the festival and having another go at the melling?if only because im going on the friday this year!

Despite BG saying he was back to his best I had my doubts. He was beaten in the same race last year by Somersby but improved like 10 stone and won the QMCC which says it all. He may be working well at home but that's not the racecourse and BG knew by halfway he wasn't going well enough to win. Be a different horse at Cheltenham and the old man with be thinking Ryanair then the Melling I reckon.

My hope is Somersby goes for the QMCC he was 23 yesterday without Sprinter Sacre now he's 8 because some smart ass had 65 quid on him :0)

It's painful to watch but forced self before getting on with other things, but Henderson did say on CH4 'racing' he would hate the ground, they had tinkered with breathing again and he had to run before Cheltenham, and today was the only chance.

Wasnt it this weekend last year where Finian's Rainbow and Bobs Worth ruled themselves out of serious Cheltenham contention?

To be fair - hes not had a run since the debacle on atrocious ground last time (and would have had enforced recovery time after the op), and he wasnt ever going to enjoy the ground today either. Agree that BG would have known pretty early on how things were going to pan out - and I hope what Ive been told is under consideration happens.

hes won of soft before... admittedly in a three horse stroll, but this is more than just ground issues for me. Theres something not right. Ground was blamed last time and then it was a breathing op.

A pity because i really like the horse but i think its more likely we will see more of the same next time rather than a "different horse'

no problem with the horse in my view. due to stable mates he's be running in the wrong races.

Be a different horse at Cheltenham and the old man with be thinking Ryanair then the Melling I reckon.

Behave yourself, Fist.:)
Yesterday's run had one major purpose, imo - to see if he'd stay the trip for the RyanAir.
The whole world now knows the answer, and I doubt he'll even go near Cheltenham this year, let alone a race where he's no chance.

Gimme a break he was beaten a mile from home it was nothing to do with the trip.

The ran him in the same race last year Reet so why would they need to run him again when they know already he stays the trip?.........are you on the sauce?

As far as Cheltenham goes it will depend on how he comes out of yesterday's race so I can't comment on what he will do but I'm pretty sure I know what he'll want to do and that's win at Cheltenham for the 3rd year in a row with him.

Or second year in a row....

Whatever they decide to do, I just hope it works out that he's allowed a chance to shine again before he finishes, would be a shame for a horse like him to be remembered for runs like his two this season.

Looked to me like he wasn't off an inch. Never put in the race regardless of the ground.
I think saying he wasn't off isn't strictly true. Barry was pretty confident he'd nearly win in his Blog which would be written a couple of days before the race. I would imagine they've got there saw how bad the ground was (mentioned by Nicky as a concern before the race) and gone for win if you can but don't give him a hard race which is a bit like saying don't try a leg if it means getting stuck in about him which is a bit different than telling a jockey to stop him.

He also voiced his concern back in November but thought he might handle it but he did anything but.

What I did notice as they were coming down the hill to Swindley Bottom which is a long long way from home Barry hadn't moved a muscle and was well in touch but he was being offered at 10 on the machine for no apparent reason.......so someone was pretty confident he was winning nothing

At the end of the day they got a run into him without having hard race which was the plan and that's why I think giving up on him is kind of foolish. Time will tell.

Or second year in a row....

Whatever they decide to do, I just hope it works out that he's allowed a chance to shine again before he finishes, would be a shame for a horse like him to be remembered for runs like his two this season.
My Bad I closed my eyes before Captain Chris caught him...I have still trouble believe he got beat:lol:

They didn't run FR in this race last year. Riverside Theatre won it. FR was beaten by Somersby over TWO miles before going on to be 2 mile champion.

Back