Henderson, make of it what you will

According to today's Post now talking as if Chatterbox is likely to run. Two questions - why all the deliberation in the first place when he had clearly done enough to earn a place and why the Neptune when he would have a perfectly reasonable chance of shaking them up in the Supreme. Speed rather than stamina has been the main feature of his wins so why not use it? If Henderson is worried about three runners in the Supreme perhaps he can put it to Michael Buckley that River Maigue is simply not good enough.

Grandouet gave Simonsig 2 stone and a five lenght beating....;)
Instead, the team headed back to Lambourn where the trainer was thrilled by what he saw from Simonsig who is unbeaten in both his starts over fences.

"Simonsig is always a flashy worker here; he's breathtaking," said Henderson. "By the look of things, Grandouet probably needed this work more than the others.
roughly translated.....simonsig worked all over him

According to today's Post now talking as if Chatterbox is likely to run. Two questions - why all the deliberation in the first place when he had clearly done enough to earn a place and why the Neptune when he would have a perfectly reasonable chance of shaking them up in the Supreme. Speed rather than stamina has been the main feature of his wins so why not use it? If Henderson is worried about three runners in the Supreme perhaps he can put it to Michael Buckley that River Maigue is simply not good enough.

Why run him in the Supreme if you also have the favourite and can measure their talents more accurately at home, than Joe Punter might have been able to glean from their clash at Newbury?

Plus, it seems clear from his last two runs that he wants a trip anyway. :cool:

Why run him in the Supreme if you also have the favourite and can measure their talents more accurately at home, than Joe Punter might have been able to glean from their clash at Newbury?

I think we must be watching two different races. The horse has quickened up really to win two slowly run races giving the distinct impression that a stiffer two miles round Cheltenham would suit him better. No indication at all that he actually needs another half mile and a stiffer track.

I would guess My Tent Or Yours is a very flashy workhorse whereas Chatterbox is the type that just does enough - a two-mile version of Bobs Worth. If My Tent Or Yours can repeat his Betfair performance he will be very difficult to beat but if he doesn't take to Cheltenham he could blow out completely. I would definitely have Chatterbox as his biggest threat and River Maigue doing little more than making the numbers up.

Don't get me wrong, treetangle - I'm a big Chatterbox fan.

But it's a fact that in most other years, he would go to the Supreme with a good form chance, So I figure it must say something about the regard in which the yard hold MTOY, that Chatterbox will (apparently) go to the Neptune or miss the Festival altogether?

Spot on his win over MTOY was in holding ground, he'll get the trip in the Neptune unlike River maigue so why run him to get his ass kicked in the Supreme..that would be criminal

Spot on his win over MTOY was in holding ground, he'll get the trip in the Neptune unlike River maigue so why run him to get his ass kicked in the Supreme..that would be criminal

Spot on if you are naive enough to believe any horse who wins a slowly run two mile race will automatically stay another half mile on a stiffer track. If he pitches up in the Neptune and is beaten through lack of stamina that would indeed be criminal.

As with so much of your bluster pure conjecture that he would get his 'ass kicked' in the Supreme - I have a feeling he would be the one doing the ass kicking.

Last edited:
Back