Hennessy

granger

Senior Jockey
http://newburyracecourse.co.uk/raci...essy-gold-cup-at-newbury/?view_full_site=true

bet365 odds Hennessy Gold Cup – 10 Avant Tout, 11 Native River, 16 Henri Parry Morgan, 16 Coneygree, 16 Outlander, 16 O’Faolains Boy, 16 Empire of Dirt, 16 The Last Samuri, 16 Smad Place, 16 Blaklion, 20 Sausalito Sunrise, 20 Un Temps Pour Tout, 25 Virak, 25 Seeyouatmidnight, 25 Third Intention, 25 Saphir du Rheu, 25 Bishops Road, 25 Vicente, 25 Holywell, 25 Silviniaco Conti, 33 Vivaldi Collonges, 33 Drumacoo, 33 Wakanda, 33 Southfield Theatre, 33 Triolo d’Alene, 33 Irish Cavalier, 33 Hadrian’s Approach, 33 Monksland, 33 Vyta du Roc, 33 Le Mercurey, 33 Coologue, 33 Onenightinvienna, 40 Oscar Rock, 40 Aubusson, 40 Houblon des Obeaux, 40 Regal Encore, 40 Roi des Francs, 40 Another Hero, 40 Wounded Warrior, 40 Le Reve, 40 Out Sam, 50 Local Show, 50 Wrath of Titans, 50 Milansbar, 50 Javert, 50 Otago Trail, 50 Theatre Guide, 50 Knock House, 50 Double Ross, 50 Midnight Prayer,50 Carole’s Destrier, 50 Upswing, 50 Thomas Brown, 50 Killer Crow, 50 Irish Saint, 66 Potters Cross, 66 Seventh Sky, 66 Un Ace.
Weights for the Hennessy Gold Cup will be revealed on Wednesday, November 9.

Am kicking myself as knew Avant Tout was an intended runner weeks ago, but did not take any of the fancy prices. Having said that, I'd want to see the weights before having a proper bet.

Would love to see Coneygree run on heavy ground off top weight (a la Denman) and Native River, Smad Place and Blacklion also interest me. Think I’ll go this year.

Avant Tout if trained elsewhere would be double the prize

From previous reports, it's not a race that the stable prioritises too much either
Their record in handicap chases in the UK is deplorable. They had Djakadam off 140 something in this and he didn't hit the frame!!!!

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

he supposedly came in early and has been targeted at the race. Appreciate their hcap chase record over here, but still would not mind being on at 25/1...

Last season, there weren't enough races on the Irish calendar, for Mullins to keep his horses satisfactorily split. It's pretty-much for this reason that he had a run at the UK Championship, because he knew he'd be sending a lot of horses over here. I don't know that he will have the same kind of issue this season, given he has just lost a number of his top-end Giggi animals. Might make UK runners less likely, though that said, if the Hennessy is the declared target for Avant Tout, he'd be one I'd be looking to keep onside (assuming UK handicapper doesn't mug him senseless).

FWIW, I had a quick look at the ratings, and figure Smad Place might run off top-weight. That would make bottom-weight around the 143 mark or thereabouts. Local Show is currently rated 146, and a line through Onenightinvienna/Blacklion, suggests he might not be too harshly treated. He jumps well, he stays, and has winning (novice) chase form at Newbury. I'm also a developing fan of his handler, who seems happy to aim high with his horses, and whilst I haven't heard if the race is the target, the entry has been enough to tempt me into a bet at 50/1.

I'd be having a saver on Aubusson too, but he doesn't yet have a handicap mark, and I can see him getting a bit clubbed, if he was to come out and win his prep.

Last edited:
Patrick Mullins said recently the UK is for the most part off the radar now.

If i could pick one Mullins horse for this race it would be Vroum Vroum. She however has more cotton wool around her than 20 Hen Knight horses

Weights for the Hennessy Gold Cup will be revealed on Wednesday, November 9.

Geez, that seems a lifetime away...

A bit early to be getting het up about it for me as it would mean trawling through the form only for something not to run.

Just in case there was anyone out there not aware of it, if you go to the list of entries at the RP site you can hover your mouse over the 'OR', 'TS' or 'RPR' columns and then click over your column of choice and it will sort them in order, so you'll get an idea of the weights but obviously something could come out and run well between now and their publication.

There is an entry, though, about which I've already taken 66/1 for the National in the hope they decide just to put it away to protect what I think might be a very good mark :whistle:

Last edited:
Definite target for Un Temps Pour Tout according to owners.

Has talent, but a bit too hot-and-cold for my liking. I'd probably be an each-way layer myself, because his cold days tend to outnumber his hot ones.

The again, 20/1 is a price with a bit of fat on it, if he is on a going day.

In summary, fu*ck knows what I think about this one. He is too hard to figure out.

Has talent, but a bit too hot-and-cold for my liking. I'd probably be an each-way layer myself, because his cold days tend to outnumber his hot ones.

The again, 20/1 is a price with a bit of fat on it, if he is on a going day.

In summary, fu*ck knows what I think about this one. He is too hard to figure out.

Tend to agree and I'm no fan but if you're inclined towards fishing for AP value it warrants consideration at that price, particularly if you know they're serious about running him.

Prep run also on the cards in the near future.

Last edited:
Seeyouatmidnight probably runs on Sunday. Jonjo decided More of That would be entered instead of Rocco ;0(

Seeyouatmidnight looks thrown in for the Hennessy with an OR of 150,,,,,,,,a good run at Carlisle could see the 25/1 disappear fast

Avant Tout is to have a prep for this and the Mullins camp are openly campaigning him for it, whereas according to Patrick they felt they'd left Djakadam a bit short (later season form would back that up).

but that said, he has an Irish mark of 154 so what do we reckon he'll get in here with, c. 160 ?. Which would probably see him running off round about 11st if Coneygree lines up and I find it hard to imagine he has it in him to give half a stone to the likes of Native River and Blaklion, let alone finish in front of last year's impressive winner in receipt of only a few pounds

Another vote for Native River here.

Seeyouatmidnight probably runs on Sunday. Jonjo decided More of That would be entered instead of Rocco ;0(

Seeyouatmidnight looks thrown in for the Hennessy with an OR of 150,,,,,,,,a good run at Carlisle could see the 25/1 disappear fast

Jumps like that he'll take some beating if they let him take his chance

Back