Horse Lost on firing range!

I think this conversation should be moved to a new section because everytime I see theres been a new reply I hope that my poor old Zimbabwe has finally been found:(

I think this conversation should be moved to a new section because everytime I see theres been a new reply I hope that my poor old Zimbabwe has finally been found:(

Apparently running in Flapping races under the name "Rhodesia", spoons.

:eek:

Whilst doing some Cheltenham form study I came across Healys Bar and Healy's Bar who were both trained by Oliver McKiernan.

A year or two ago there were two horses with the same name in the same race at Fairplex in California, one Irish bred and one US bred.
Only time I've ever seen that.

A major travesty is that Nicky Henderson has a Don't Tell The Wife. There is, was, and will only ever be, one!

Trained by your old boss if I recall,although on the RP database there is a blank space against the trainers' name for most of the horses' runs.

PERMIT holder Philip Sharp is pursuing the Army for compensation over the loss of Zimbabwe, his hurdler that disappeared without trace after getting loose and galloping onto a military firing-range in Kent in January.
13620.jpg
Zimbabwe: missing since January 8
PICTURE: Caroline Norris
Sharp is claiming £10,000, which includes the expense of his search for the ten-year-old gelding, and is hoping the matter is settled without resorting to legal action.
He has been encouraged by the tone of a letter received from an assistant to the Chief of the General Staff who wrote: "This certainly seems a distressing and unfortunate incident.
"The issuewill be looked into and you will be sent a full response in due course."
Sharp said: "I have no idea what happened to Zimbabwe, but the reality is the police were there within eleven minutes, but the Army people at Lydd wouldn't let them on the property although they could see the horse on cctv and knew where it was.
"Zimbabwe ran for me in a claimer for £5,000 so I can't ask more than that for him, and I am asking for another £5,000 for the time and effort that went into looking for him.
"I would then be able to pay people back for their helicopter donations and the efforts of a lot of folk who gave up their time helping me try to find the horse."

It says it in Aldaniti's quote above, Walsy. The trainer claims that the Army could see ZIMBABWE on 'cctv' (where would that be on a firing range?) "and knew where he was". In that case, what was the problem in getting in a Jeep and retrieving him? This case smells worse than three-day old fish.

It says it in Aldaniti's quote above, Walsy. The trainer claims that the Army could see ZIMBABWE on 'cctv' (where would that be on a firing range?) "and knew where he was". In that case, what was the problem in getting in a Jeep and retrieving him? This case smells worse than three-day old fish.
Yes see it now, but who is telling the truth? curiouser and curiouser said Alice!

What an utter tit. I can't see the MoD paying a penny, can anyone else?? Maybe the bloke should learn to sit a bit tighter on his horse rather than fall off it - that's hardly the MoD's fault!!! Besides which, he's asking £5k for a useless creature, what planet is he inhabiting? Sounds like a nice little scam to me - along with the £5k 'costs'.....erm, ok then!!!! I hope the MoD instruct him precisely where to lodge his £10k claim.....

Last edited:
"Okay, everyone in their saddles? Right, let's go, and when I say "Drop!", fall off your horses and let the old buggers loose on the range. Should be around £250,000 to split once the Army can only see them, but can't catch 'em. Annnnd... trot on.... "

I've got the bugger tied up behind the vardo, I thought you all knew that!
Incidentally Shadz I'm thinking of bringing the old Beddy down for the Lambourn open day, I'll make a brew for you if come and say hello.

That's very kind Walsworth, only drink Diet Coke [or alcohol!!!!!] nowadays though! Seriously, we're not likely to go, might pop over in the afternoon to look at the tradestands though. Will let you know if we do!

Back