Horses I Would Love to Own

I see you like Rebecca Curtis, but Call Me Mulligan is now trained by John Helens.

Fealing Real is in the US now Bar.

Over The Phone
Chamirey
Uncle Mo (who's sale would help finance more horse purchases)
Effernogue Oscar
Askanna
Our Victoria
Mossey Joe
Kauto Stone
Prince Oui Oui

There are a heck of a lot more than just those

TIME FOR RUPERT, THE HURL, KINKEEL, THE TATLING, SPIDER BOY... anything with talent, anything which keeps going for race after race without needing a year off and £10K in vet's bills.

Thing you've missed the boat with The Tatling Kri! Original owners should have moved him from Bradley years ago imo.

My five at the moment:

The Rectifier
Cape Blanco
Gitano Hernando
Victoire Pisa
Wooton Bassett

I see where you are coming from with the middle three.

Not sure that The Rectifier would ever stay 2m over obstacles, however.

And you would have to wait 9 months with WB before you could race him in a juvenile hurdle, although I suppose you could pot-hunt on the flat for a few races until the real business begins in the autumn.

All fair points and I didn't want to pick you up on it at the time but do you think The Jigsaw Man will have the pace for the Golden Shaheen?

Gams, was thinking I'd have them all from scratch - but so many others, how long would our lists be? Lots of bonny 2 y.o.'s from last year, turning into their 3 y.o. campaigns in a couple of months' time - so many horses, so little time! I suppose what one would really like is one that's been bought for a song, belted in some good Group races, and is now keeping one in a comfortable retirement with his romantic activities. Perfect! So where did it all go so wrong?!

Diamond Harry
Peddlers Cross
Wymott
Corsicanrun
Honeymead
Wootton Bassett
The Minack
Royal Mix
Local Hero

All fair points and I didn't want to pick you up on it at the time but do you think The Jigsaw Man will have the pace for the Golden Shaheen?

I'd like to tackle his trainer about it anyway.

I think The Jigsaw Man might be more suited to Pro-Ride than Tapeta, so no Shaheen, Golden or otherwise for him.

Are there any Pro-Ride tracks with a similar configuration to Worcester?

I think a thread on 'Horses I Would Have Liked to Have Owned' (as in, they're no longer in training or perhaps even alive) would be an endless list! I'd probably kick off with HYPERION and take it from there!

I see the darling Spiderling just got nutted on the line at Folkestone an hour ago - what a fantastic old soldier he is, gives his all and looks virtually a schoolmaster ride. Love him, and THE HARDY BOY, who has the prettiest head, is quite small, and yet is as sincere as you could wish.

Back