Horses I Would Love to Own

You forgot Blythe Knight, Bar - 7f horse, won the novice hurdle at Liverpool! A horse I'd loved to have owned, come to think of it. Along with my old favourites like Cornish Rebel, Darkness, Lennon, Inglis Drever, No Refuge, Backbeat. All the characters! Of horses currently running I'd like Aegean Dawn, Crack Away Jack, Bouggler, Denman, Riverside Theatre, Mad Max and Cois Farraig please Oh, and Mizzurka.

Last edited:
I have always had a soft spot for the sometimes moody, always slow mare L'Aventure although she has not run for nearly a year now.

You forgot Blythe Knight, Bar - 7f horse, won the novice hurdle at Liverpool! A horse I'd loved to have owned, come to think of it. Along with my old favourites like Cornish Rebel, Darkness, Lennon, Inglis Drever, No Refuge, Backbeat. All the characters! Of horses currently running I'd like Aegean Dawn, Crack Away Jack, Bouggler, Denman, Riverside Theatre, Mad Max and Cois Farraig please Oh, and Mizzurka.

Hi Big Man - watch and learn on Sunday - tried to buy him like a few others - this fella could be special.

I'm pretty sure L'Aventure has now been retired to stud, bloodnok. From what I can remember the owners were pretty keen to breed from her.

Having had a shite season where every horse I owned, had owned or even had fond thoughts of was sold to foreign places, injured or killed I really did not wish to become attached to anymore horses.

But there is always another one .......

Midnight Chase, really love him. I've followed him for ages and always enjoyed watching him race, did not think much about it then realised that for the last two races I was not breathing and then was screaming like a loony when he won. :)

You are going to go some serious wallop if you're punted off from that height at 30-odd mph - unless someone has access to a horse that size and can attempt a fake fall, it'd be like coming off the top of a small van! I only rode one or two @ 18 hh, and one was a very wilful hunter who I'm sure permanently stretched my arms - he bored on the bit the whole time we did miles of road work, and I felt like I'd been on the rack. His name was 'Sporting Sam' and he was near as dammit black - gorgeous and imposing, giving one a view right over those high Devon hedgerows - which is where I hoped to keep it!

DAWN RUN, so that she would have been retired immediately after the Gold Cup and not been owned by the greedy c*w that was the mare's misfortune.

TRIPTYCH, again, wouldn't have sent her to the US, so maybe she wouldn't have had that 'paddock accident'.

I think owning Golden Silver would be good fun.

I like these horses who can rack up sequences. Nickname was another. Hurricane Fly and Solwhit (back in the day).

Of the less obvious horses, I would love to own Agus a Vic and Whatuthink. Tough durable handicappers who run often, usually well, and are rated highly enough to give you 5 or so glamorous days out a year. Irish National, Christmas Paddy Power, Thyestes, Munster National, etc.

:<3: Generous :<3: - always been my favourite, wish he'd been a better sire.

Imagine (of course)
Denman
Fantastic Light
The Fellow
Norton's Coin - I cried my eyes out when the local news said he'd passed away a few years back.
User Friendly in her 3yo year, really tough and game.
Raven's Pass
Dracula - saw him at Plantation Stud one year, absolutely stunning animal.

And if these pics are anything to go, Empire Maker - apparently these are pics of him arriving in Japan recently.

ベルモントステークス勝馬【エンパイアメーカー(Empire Maker)】がJBBA静内種馬場に到着 - 【サラブレッド競り市場=馬市】&【馬産地】の最新情報 by馬市.com

Almost forgot - Sadlers Wells, he looks such a character.

Last edited:
I would've loved to have owned ZENYATTA - such a character, with that cute 'dancing' in the parades before the races, and then going so incredibly sweetly throughout every one of them. I imagine the big girl is a softie, too, probably loves cuddles and snuggles.

Yeah, that's the better idea with this thread. Horses you covet and what differences you'd have made to their career.

I would have put Denman in a Grand National.

I'd have had Moscow Flyer unseat and PU a few more times and ran hin in the Victor Chandler Chase off 10st. I'd have campagined Kauto Star over hurdles when he arrived in the UK and got him an exploitable mark. I'd run Sunnyhillboy over trips shorter than 3m until the 2011 William Hill Trophy... Wait a second - JP has it done for me.

Last edited:
Back