Horses out for the season

Today's RP said 6 weeks box rest and they'll see how he is before they make a decision over whether he'll defend his crown or be retired. Injury wasn't as bad as first thought.

thought that too (he even looked better at Aintree were he did not win!) and really surprised SL lets the information pass w/o a comment. 6 weeks boxrest sound like a pretty bad enough injury to me!

I don't know much about it bar the last I heard was that they are hoping he can still make it back for Cheltenham.

If he's fine and showing no ill effects after six weeks off he probably could still make it to the Festival - he'd have two months after all.

Hello, Rory.

Thanks for that. It's great to see her in colour! My first favourite mare from NH racing.

I'll never forget her valiant attempts in the old Stayers Hurdle.

Her son The Hardy Boy won at Plumpton yesterday, as it happens.

I don't think she has produced any stars, however.

AL EILE has been ruled out for the season after suffering a setback at home.

Last seen out when winning the Aintree Hurdle for the third time in April, the eight-year-old also landed the Grade 1 December Festival Hurdle last Christmas.

“He unfortunately has a suspensory ligament problem and will miss the entire season as we'vedecided to give him the whole year off,” said trainer John Queally on Saturday.

“These things happen. We'll give him every chance of making a full recovery, but you never know with these injuries.”

Runs tonight at Dundalk; they're hoping to have him ready for Aintree.

Back