Forum Functions How to send a private message

MisterB

Administrator
Staff member
To send private message in this forum is easy. You open up a conversation with another member by clicking their icon, and click "Start conversation".

conversation1.png

Here you can start a private conversation with someone and even add others to the same conversation:

conversation2.png

Here you can write your text and send. This is a bit different than vBulletin which had an archaic PM system - this is much more robust.
conversation3.png

You can also add members at a later time as well:

conversation4.png

Please remember to be courteous to your fellow members. No spamming - no harassment. And the "conversations" are private messages. No one, not even admins or moderators, can read these but the recipients. :thumbsup:

Please remember to be courteous to your fellow members. No spamming - no harassment. And the "conversations" are private messages. No one, not even admins or moderators, can read these but the recipients. :thumbsup:

Except the ones from a few years ago that have been posted for all to see on here! I remember having a late night chat with Col about private messages a few years ago - Truji may remember as well - as she and Col used to log in about the same as I did to get their late night entertainment - I should have charged them really. Anyway, Col admitted that it would be possible for him to read private messages but it would be too much of a palaver. Senders beware! Or is that be aware?

?? If you go to “What’s New” the first section is “Latest Posts” and the the second section is “Profile Posts” which appears to be the latest private message posts? Don’t understand!

What a shambles this place is. Good luck to those that put up with it - well, not to all of them - just the good guys :thumbsup:

Except the ones from a few years ago that have been posted for all to see on here! I remember having a late night chat with Col about private messages a few years ago - Truji may remember as well - as she and Col used to log in about the same as I did to get their late night entertainment - I should have charged them really. Anyway, Col admitted that it would be possible for him to read private messages but it would be too much of a palaver. Senders beware! Or is that be aware?
Just to add to this - we are now running different software which does not allow for anyone to read YOUR messages unless they log in to your account. If there are old PMs posted in this forum that you feel violate our privacy policy (that private messages are private and you need the permission of the sender to post them in public), then please let me know.

I still don’t understand what “Latest Profile Posts” is all about?
Ok - thanks for that. This deserves another thread to describe the Profile Posts function. :thumbsup: - I will try to to that later today.

Back