How unlucky can you be ??

Songsheet

At the Start
Feel for Redvers today, as they found LUCKY STORY dead in his paddock at Tweenhills earlier. LUCKY STORY was owned by Darley. Following on from the death of ISHIGURU earlier this year, it's a real blow for them, both stallions having nice temperaments and I know the staff were really fond of their boys. So just SLEEPING INDIAN there for the moment!

Commiserations..

Ishiguru won a 2 yo race on the same card as Galileo V Fantastic Light so I make him a 10 yo

Either way, to lose 12yo and a 9yo in the same season is pretty tough luck - the stallion wasn't particularly well-named, was he!?!

I remember Ishiguru running, for me one of the all time best lookers without getting close up and detailed.

Yes, ISHIGURU was a very good looker and I reckon my yearling filly by him is too - although she's out of a stunning looking mare, tbh ! And before some wag gets in first, the ISHIGURU is the one on the left.... mind you, the one on the right's a good looking filly if we're talking cobs!!

Which one, Sheikh ?? :p

The ISHIGURU ain't perfect - looks better side on!! She should be able to run, though - she's half sister to a few winners - she's out of PETROVNA (dam of BERTOLLESCHI, BESTY, NOVABRIDGE, MITZI CASPAR).

I think anything called 'Lucky' or 'French' is usually doomed! I'm remembering a stable pal's ex-racehorse called LUCKY POINT, a grumpy but nice-looking animal which died of colic, followed by various 'Luckies' who weren't, and FRENCH HOLLY, since when I've always thought the 'French' prefix a bit unlucky.

Poor Tweenhills, helluva battering for them. That's going to make a serious dent in income.

Blimey, is that Tolley? Is it a monster, coming over the hill? She's come on since she was a sweet prancing foal!

I think anything called 'Lucky' or 'French' is usually doomed! I'm remembering a stable pal's ex-racehorse called LUCKY POINT, a grumpy but nice-looking animal which died of colic, followed by various 'Luckies' who weren't, and FRENCH HOLLY, since when I've always thought the 'French' prefix a bit unlucky.

French Ballerina is another that comes to mind. She was such a gorgeous mare.

Yes - I was going to put that from memory last night, then thought, hold on! Did she die naturally of old age, or not? Not, that's why I'm a bit off the 'French' prefix, too, Rayeburn.

Back