Howard Johnson

To suggest that Nicholls doesn't know what he's doing is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on a forum. He gets sent good horses yes, but by that logic Sebastian Vettel has achieved nothing because he's in the best car.

If my post means he doesn't know what he's doing, then I'm afraid Benny is a very apt user name for you!;)

I see Eton Rifles was second in the Ayr Gold Cup today for David Elsworth, owned by Transcend Bloodstock. I thought Johnson was banned from any involvement in racing?

Presumably it was the 7 that are going to Willie Mullins and however many unraced ones that are going pointing over there?

LEADING owner Graham Wylie is splitting his dramatically pared-down string between the champion trainers of Britain and Ireland following the enforced termination of his association with Howard Johnson, whose four-year ban from the sport begins on Friday.

After discussions with Johnson on Monday, Wylie is sending a further seven horses, including 2008 Arkle winner Tidal Bay, to Paul Nicholls, with the same number joining Willie Mullins in County Carlow.

His remaining 33 horses at Johnson's Crook yard are being sent to the sales, while 11 unraced horses will go to Ireland to start outin the point-to-point arena.

Wylie, who will have 13 horses with Nicholls, having sent a team of six to Ditcheat earlier in the month for reasons unconnected with Johnson's case, said: "I am coming down to 20 horses in training and I am going to have two trainers, the best in England and the best in Ireland."

Tidal Bay, Tigre D'Aron, Zhakiera Spirit, Prospect Wells, Frankie Figg, Roger Beantown and Grandioso will join
Quwetwo, Ascendant, Doeslessthanme, Double Expresso, Hold Fast and The Knoxs at Ditcheat.

While smart novice hurdler Back In Focus, along with Boston Bob, Felix Yonger, On His Own, Prince De Beauchene, Drive Time and Rupert Lamb will be sent to Mullins.

Last edited:
Anybody got any idea regarding my query? It's odd if you ask me and shouldn't be allowed.

Anybody got any idea regarding my query? It's odd if you ask me and shouldn't be allowed.
One would imagine that Johnson is no longer a part of Transcend Bloodstock, although given it was primarily his vehicle in the past, it does look a bit jarring.

He's still listed as one of two partners in the limited liability partnership. I asked Paul Struthers on Twitter but received no reply.

QuixallCrosset from FF has told me there was an article on geegeez.co.uk which stated Wylie had replaced Howard with his wife as a partner in the partnership, which makes my query a non-issue. It makes me wonder why he didn't just transfer the horses into his beige and black colours though.

Back