I despair. I utterly despair.

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Not only have some TV channels being showing Christmas films for a couple of weeks now, but today Film4 goes and shows It's A Wonderful Life!

Not just one of the best films ever but by miles the best Christmas film ever... in the middle of November... in broad daylight!!

Aaaaarrrgghhhhh!!!!!

(Rant over.)

No. Mrs O has. She really likes it. I tend to catch up on these dramas about five years later. I've only just got round to watching Waking The Dead.

I have all the best (in my opinion) Christmas films on DVD so I don't need to worry whether any of the channels will deign to show them at a time when I can see them but I'm wondering who thought it wold be a good idea to show the film now? It's worse than hearing the Christmas songs in the shops.

I will admit, though, I'm putting the Christmas tree and decorations up earlier and earlier with the passing years. The first Saturday in December is now the norm but there's work taking place in the hacienda at that time this year so it might have to wait until everything is back to normal. The CDs are being fired into the car on the 1st, though!

we don't do the decorations now DO..we go to sons on xmas eve..then just spend xmas together eating and getting tipsy...sometimes the tree gets put up but generally don't..xmas is for when you were kids i always think..that and when your kids are young are the really good ones we found.

i like it just to relax..the telly is dire i find..i try to record a few films leading up to xmas so there is something to watch..i don't do netflix..if i want something i just buy the box set cheap of amazon marketplace

Last edited:
Ive always found it easy to not watch Tv channels i dont wish to see

But it has been nauseating to hear christmas tracks in shops in bloody October

Mate of mine had a job at a little chef years ago and got the boot for endlessly playing xmas songs in july.

Other thing he found was that no one knew whether the milkshake machine should be cleaned or had been. The decided to open it up and out fell thousands of maggots. Not out of sight of queuing customers too

we don't do the decorations now DO..we go to sons on xmas eve..then just spend xmas together eating and getting tipsy...sometimes the tree gets put up but generally don't..xmas is for when you were kids i always think..that and when your kids are young are the really good ones we found.

i like it just to relax..the telly is dire i find..i try to record a few films leading up to xmas so there is something to watch..i don't do netflix..if i want something i just buy the box set cheap of amazon marketplace

I'm the opposite. I'm a big kid. I love the whole Christmas thing, especially the religious side. We don't do ceiling decorations, though, just stuff on the walls and tinsel around pictures and mirrors etc. I'm the least enthusiastic of the family too...

Is this the True Christmas channel which I spotted in the TV guide yesterday? At the risk of sounding like a young person - what the actual ****?

yep thats the one :)

I love Christmas, obviously for the kids more than me now, but I love keeping things traditional.

:) Christmas spirit start

here is how you can decorate your Christmas trees with only two toys btw!

7nMi9fksnOk.jpg

:lol:

That's excellent.
(A bit like that puppet who used to bash the drumkit in the Muppet Show -- can't remember his name).

Back