I Need Help With Mobile Phones

I'm surprised you've had problems with Qantas, I've found them excellent. The only downside to them is their fleet of fairly old planes - the staff themselves were superb when I flew them on 6 flights within the space of 3 weeks. On one of their flights my brother collapsed and they were superb dealing with it.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Mar 4 2006, 02:37 PM
I'm surprised you've had problems with Qantas, I've found them excellent. The only downside to them is their fleet of fairly old planes - the staff themselves were superb when I flew them on 6 flights within the space of 3 weeks. On one of their flights my brother collapsed and they were superb dealing with it.
Always have domestic, would never in my life fly with them again. And I am not the only one, a lot of people I know will not fly with them either.

I personally was not keen on Virgin, but the fact that I have never had any issue with them, and they go out of their way.

Orange phoned me last night, in response to an e-mail I had sent. They asked me to try something with the phone that doesn't work, which we had already done - the day the phone packed in. When I said (very politely) we have already done that, he (Mr. Technical support) said...."oh, we will have to call you back again then and try something else". Quality technical service Orange - pure quality. <_<

In the meantime I have purchased a rather natty looking Motorola phone on 02 on a pay as you go scheme... just in case. There is no way I could be without my mobile.

Originally posted by Craig_uk@Mar 2 2006, 01:38 PM
On another note, as Shads says go through to the "i'm leaving section", I did this with Vodafone and it's amazing the offers they throw your way so you don't leave.
Only if you're on a contract.

I phoned O2 to try to get a better PAYG lgiht user tariff and they more or less told me they didn't care if I went elsewhere. I presume it was because a £20 top up lasts me about 4 months.

Orange called back yesterday and have agreed to replace the handset. There is a problem though. They have just moved offices and evidently none of their computers were working yesterday so they were unable to say when this may be.

Well, it took Orange 7 days to agree the handset isn't working as it should, and goodness knows how long before we hear back when we will actually receive it.

BTW, my boyfriend says the Newsgroups are rife with people complaining about Orange and their CS!

A nice little Indian man turned up today in his white van with a replacement handset today for the OH. He had hundreds in the back of the van. Orange had admitted the handset was faulty, confessed that their CS department was in disarray, so looks as if we may have to stick with them until the end of the current contract. In the meantime, I have got myself a natty Motorola pay as you go on 02 which I am more than happy with just in case Orange had pulled the plug on us for stopping their direct debit.

Just purchased a natty Xda Exec, that I am using for data only. It means I don't have to take my laptop with me on holiday anymore! It's on O2 and I have to admit their customer service, has been absolutely brilliant so far.

I am now looking for a new phone and am considering the Samsung D900 or the new Sony Ericsson Z610i again on an O2 contract.

If anyone has any experience of either phone, I would very much appreciate to hear your views.

i have 2 samsungs not the d900 though i may swap over to it

samsungs though i find are very good phones on the whole

i have had quite a few different makes and have founnd samsung and sony erricson the most reliable

Having tried most networks and brands of phone I have gone back to Nokia with the N91. A very nice phone.

I switched back to Sony from Nokia - useless Nokia failed completely with the main button so I couldn't do anything with it .

Thanks for all the responses!

After further intense investigation (for someone who doesn't really know what they are looking for) it looks like I am now getting a Nokia N80 on O2. I will change my Samsung into a Pay as You Go on Orange - as an emergency phone. The N80 has had some good reviews, although initially there seemed to be a few problems. I am going to be travelling a lot more so my phoned needed to be Smart.... unlike, me <_< ... and this seems to be the one. There really is so much choice it gets quite frustrating looking after a while.

I have to say that I was gobsmacked when I phoned O2 customer service this pm about migrating my Orange phone number. They answered the phone straight away and were REALLY helpful :eek:

Back