I Recommend

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Thought we could do a thread where we can recommend products that make life that bit more pleasant or easy. Nothing heavy like music or books, just everyday stuff.

Up until a few months ago when it came to shaving cream i just used to get the cheapest in the shop.

Then i came across this gel that is really refreshing. It`s called "Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Shave Gel" It`s a green bottle with a black top, standing out from all the Gillette crap (which i now boycott natch :ph34r:)

During the winter, one product makes my outside life a whole lot more pleasant.

My neoprene lined Chameau wellies - no more freezing feet in the mornings, they are worth every penny. :)

Any of the German lagers from Lidl. The 65p one (500ml) is very palatable but I'm happy to push the boat out for the £4.99 six (x500ml) pack of Bergadler or its subsequent (similarly bottled & labelled) replacement.

Originally posted by Songsheet@Feb 23 2007, 11:10 PM
During the winter, one product makes my outside life a whole lot more pleasant.

My neoprene lined Chameau wellies - no more freezing feet in the mornings, they are worth every penny. :)
They sound nice, where do you buy them?

The Original Source stuff is hard to beat Euro, I'll give you that. The mint & tea tree shower gel is great, so is the lime, and the almond & coconut bath stuff is fantastic - it goes well with a very large glass of wine & a few candles!

Not wellies but when it comes to boots the Ariat paddock boots are superb for riding - very comfortable & provide a lot of support to the ankles. A more than adequate stand in now that my made to measure full length leather riding out boots have been waiting for replacement zips for the past two years!

Without wanting to attract unwanted abuse, may I recommend Vasoline for exposed areas of the body that are liable to encounter extremely cold conditions. Saved my face on many a ski trip and was sadly lacking from my washbag on a recent trip to Tallinn (daytime highs of -15C).

Originally posted by Euronymous@Feb 23 2007, 09:10 PM
"Original Source Mint and Tea Tree Shave Gel" It`s a green bottle with a black top, standing out from all the Gillette crap (which i now boycott natch :ph34r:)
I can also recommend their Mint and Tea Tree shower gel and Shampoo. I swear it helps shift a hangover. Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Feb 23 2007, 11:29 PM
my made to measure full length leather riding out boots have been waiting for replacement zips for the past two years!
Did you burst through them? :)

Oh, cheers DO!!!!

Nah, where they collapse at the heel the zip gets all buggered up. They've finally been put in for repair now!

I should do an internet search, Helen.

I get mine from West Country Guns in Wiveliscombe and he does a decent discount if you bargain. I would imagine your local huntin' shootin & fartin' shop will stock them.

Every time I click on this thread I keep hearing the thunder of jackboots.
eek.gif

I used to live quite near the Black Sheep Brewery. The other brother's beer isn't too bad either and the pub attached the back of the Brewery the White Bear is a great place.

I recommend not watching this 100 Greatest Sex Symbols thing on CH4 right now. Apparently Angelina Jolie was number 1 and some dead fat fecker from Tennessee was number 2.

Worsr poll ever.

"I've found that a 2.0l Peugeot 206 GTi makes life that little bit easier, too! "

Shads, you sound more like Merlin everyday!!........how big is your television? :P

Back