I Recommend

On the wine front.

I recommend a wine called Domaine Virgile Joly. For those living in Dublin, it is available from the French Paradox, Shelbourne Road. At €16.95 it is a tad more than I would normally pay, but well worth it.

I also am very keen on Tesco Finest Yoghurts, Bourbon Vanilla in particular. I am not sure if they actually are yoghurts, but they are a very tasty dairy based dessert.

Originally posted by Grey@Feb 27 2007, 07:53 AM
What binoculars does anyone recommend for going racing?
I take the question in the spirit in which I think it was asked, but I have a number of pairs of bins and now always take the ons that fit into a pocket.

I agree Shads,baby oil is the best,far better than more expensive body lotions.I use it everyday after swimming while skin is still wet and I swear by it.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Feb 27 2007, 12:10 PM
All this talk of baby oil, body lotions and wet skin............I'll soon be running out of ankle socks! :what: :shy:
eek.gif

That money was just resting in that account Colin.

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Feb 27 2007, 12:10 PM
All this talk of baby oil, body lotions and wet skin............I'll soon be running out of ankle socks! :what: :shy:
That & the amount of underwear links we have people will be thinking they have joined the wrong forum :shy: :shy:

Grey - that's a very useful point Brian makes about the bins. You can get some brilliant lenses made by really good makers, Optolith being one I favoured (albeit for a monster offset monocular for birdies in a previous lifetime). Bausch & Lomb, and even cheaper ones by Tasco all come in folding varieties, and you'll be glad not to have a clunky pair wearing the back of your neck out through the day. Reckon to pay from £200 up for something that's worth looking through, or check out any second-hand dealers for a bargain.

Aldaniti I was just thinking the same thing everytime I log on there seems to be a link to underwear site,starting to get paranoid here! :brows:

If we're on the cosmetics kick...

Jo Malone 154 cologne/shower gel/body creme - fecking gorgeous

Guerlain's kohl

No 7's Intelligent foundation - doesn't clog/drag/look like polyfilla

YSL mascara in the twin pack in duty free (or whatever it's called now)

Clinique's colour rub in bronze

Food?

Ian Rankin's soda farls would be my most recent discovery and are too moreish for my own good

Im glad youve said that about the intelligent foundation Julie - I bought some last time I was home and was starting to wonder if Id done the right thing - Apparently it really is as good as they claim??

Well, I reckon it is, Troods! It's great to apply - very silk-like - and you don't end up looking like you've slap all over your face. And it's got SPF

I use it with the colour rub and I swear I don't look a day over 70 now!

Yes, Aldaniti, it's Boots own product line, and it's as good as anything with a much more expensive price tag for similar products. When I can remember, I use their rather remarkable No.7 '3 in 1' - foundation, concealer and powder in one. It goes on very smoothly (another that doesn't look like Polyfilla) and for someone who has what's rather euphemistically called an 'uneven' skin tone (thanks to enjoying decades of sunshine, not to mention race work in rain and wind!), it's a little gem. It evens out freckles, blotchy bits, reddening, etc. very cleverly, without making you look like you're wearing a mask (which might be preferable in my case), and doesn't feel tight.

when I got mine i got a free make up kit 9 very pretty bag and stuff) for spending £15 ( got some of that green stuff and a nail varnish for my mum.) theres a dinky one in there if you wanted to try it before you shell out for a big one

I thought this thread included food. Take one medium onion chopped and a large clove of garlic - soften in a 1 tablespoon of olive oil . Add 1lb/500g of jerusalem artichokes , peeled and left in acidulated water or they blacken - cut into slices . Then after about 5 minutes add a spice mix of 2teaspoons or corainder seeds 1teaspoon of cumin seeds and half a teaspoon each of turmeric and cayenne. These should be blitzed in a coffee grinder or in pestle and mortar .

Cook another couple of minutes and then add 1 litre of stock - vegetable or chicken if you eat meat . Cook for 30 minutes until vgetables are soft - whizz with a handblender and add a bit of cream if you like

Far too much work! - doesn't someone make a canned version? It sounds luxurious.

--------------------------

Mr Booja-Booja's handmade, organic, dark chocolate champagne truffles. Available from many good wholefood stores.

Lidl's scrummy German potato salad. Delicious.

Seeds of Change Organic Chocolate and Raisin cereal bars. A bit on the dear side but they`re tasty as hell. Got them at Tesco but where all the Weight gain potions are situated.

Cote d'Or Noir Framboise. Tis dark chocolate with raspberries on offer at a very reasonable 64p a bar in Tesco. Tomorrow night I shall try the 70% dark chocolate. I'm taking this taste testing very seriously :P

Originally posted by trudij@Feb 27 2007, 08:07 PM
when I got mine i got a free make up kit 9 very pretty bag and stuff) for spending £15 ( got some of that green stuff and a nail varnish for my mum.) theres a dinky one in there if you wanted to try it before you shell out for a big one
Went to Boots yesterday & explained to the lady that my skin resembled a snake at skin shedding time :shy: she was very nice & sat me down to apply the foundation & it was superb! not a clog in sight :) its a very light coverage which I like,

Ended up coming out with a foundation & moisturiser, plus the free gift bag which is very pretty!

There is one problem though :brows: when I got home I tried the Really Reviving skin spritz that was in the gift bag & I just love it :luv: I felt really tired & grotty last night but squirted some of this on & it felt like I'd just got out of the shower, Lovely :P

Many thanks for the recommendations T, K & SS, much appreciated :)

Back