Imperial Cup

I was slightly disappointed with Calipto last time but may have been a tad too harsh considering how it panned out. Certainly a race I have no strong view on, though will give Calipto another chance with what will be a different race scenario today.

There aint a lot of confidence there with WW today guys

Weird. Digger assures me WW will "hack up" and Frontrunner agrees.

I've sided with Some Buckle and Thistlecrack, and have reversed the pair in a forecast.

Last edited:
Gone for Arzal, having already backed him for the county next week racing off 10-4, after an eye catching progress he made after jumping the second last in the betfair hurdle.

Some Buckle has shown progressive form away from handicaps for sure..beat Mad Jack Mytton easily by 14 could have been 20..that one got a mark of 117 and just got beat...so could be a 140 just on that run.

Then runs 2nd to Glingerburn..his rating could be anything now..back in 3rd
was nicholas chauvin who had shown improving form beating a 116 horse in apterix by 11..

then just to hide any improvement gets put in a Grade 2 last time

now back in a handicap off 135..looks a nice placing

Last edited:
Another big Saturday handicap ruined by a false start and which ends up being fought out by the front-runners while the hold-up horses never got into it.

There must be a reason.

Really disappointed by the ride that Zaidiyn got: deliberately held several lengths behind the others at both starts then made his ground when the others were quickening. Maybe they felt they needed a high-profile defeat after being hauled before the stewards and chastised last time but this one will win a good race sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Backed the winner on Wednesday with 365 took 25/1
Did several multi-bets, doubles and trebles with 365 on Thursday and my fancies in the handicaps at Chelts next week, alas his price had contracted to 20/1.

Backed it again yesterday with Hills and did the same bet as above but got the guaranteed prices 33/1

Backed it again this morning and I did the f/c...Ebony and black...stunned.

All this on top of 7 winners in trebles on Wednesday and a Lucky 15 up, 9/1 5/1 5/1 3/1

Bold effort under a stopping-weight from Camping Ground.

Has clearly been hard to train, but his two runs in the UK have been seriously good, and Robert Walford has got himself a very smart animal, imo. He could be a Gold Cup horse next season.

Did several multi-bets, doubles and trebles with 365 on Thursday and my fancies in the handicaps at Chelts next week, alas his price had contracted to 20/1.

Backed it again yesterday with Hills and did the same bet as above but got the guaranteed prices 33/1

All this on top of 7 winners in trebles on Wednesday and a Lucky 15 up, 9/1 5/1 5/1 3/1

I'm sure there's a term for this sort of speak...but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Wot; no tricast? :lol::lol:

Whether this happened or not, it is appalling etiquette to brag on a racing forum "after the time" the bets came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether this happened or not, it is appalling etiquette to brag on a racing forum "after the time" the bets came in.

Shows how shallow you are if you think its bragging, there's plenty of things I could call bad etiquette on all forums not just here...can't I just be happy, does everything have to be a contest.

I was actually going to put it up, but I based all my theory on heavy ground which was the forecast at the start of the week, and when it dried out I had a change of heart.

I watched the Betfair hurdle over and over and I thought he was very unlucky to be brought down, he was under pressure and finding, the jockey was looking for a way round 3 horses in front of him, no gap was appearing so the jockey chose to follow Facino Rustico who had just made a surge himself only for that one to fall and bring him down.
Calipto ran on for 4th and he was 6/1 favourite when I placed my bet, and I thought Ebony Express would have finished in front of him and he was nearly 6 times the price.
On Wednesday he was backed into 16/1 in places with just a few holding 25's from an initial 33/1, the drying ground was probably the reason for the drift back out.

As I said, I'm not bragging...just genuinely happy and thought I would share it with fellow horse enthusiasts but obviously I've annoyed a few...maybe a better etiquette would be to say nothing, that includes you then maybe more members would post instead of staying silent for fear of ridicule from people like you

Yes, Max, not wishing to rain on your parade, but "after-timing" is a bit of no-no on racing forums. But good luck to you and I hope your good luck continues next week at Cheltenham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, I'm not bragging...just genuinely happy and thought I would share it with fellow horse enthusiasts but obviously I've annoyed a few...maybe a better etiquette would be to say nothing, that includes you then maybe more members would post instead of staying silent for fear of ridicule from people like you

My remark wasn't directed at you Maxbet. I'm usually delighted for anyone who reports they've had a winning day but some people are allowed to aftertime at will on here while others are jumped upon like a stray wildebeest calf wandering into hungry lion territory.

Shows how shallow you are if you think its bragging, there's plenty of things I could call bad etiquette on all forums not just here...can't I just be happy, does everything have to be a contest.

I was actually going to put it up, but I based all my theory on heavy ground which was the forecast at the start of the week, and when it dried out I had a change of heart.

I watched the Betfair hurdle over and over and I thought he was very unlucky to be brought down, he was under pressure and finding, the jockey was looking for a way round 3 horses in front of him, no gap was appearing so the jockey chose to follow Facino Rustico who had just made a surge himself only for that one to fall and bring him down.
Calipto ran on for 4th and he was 6/1 favourite when I placed my bet, and I thought Ebony Express would have finished in front of him and he was nearly 6 times the price.
On Wednesday he was backed into 16/1 in places with just a few holding 25's from an initial 33/1, the drying ground was probably the reason for the drift back out.

Max, you've been on and around forums long enough to know that this kind of thing is always frowned upon.

I'm delighted for you, but I don't think it's necessary to point out ones successes, if one hasn't advertised them beforehand. Digger would confirm I landed a tidy Trixie two weekends back (if someone was inclined to ask him the question), but I didn't mention the details here, because no-one was going to benefit from it, other than maybe my ego. You know the story when it comes to after-timing, and I'm surprised you're taken-aback getting pulled-up on it. DO's is probably right to feel aggrieved, as he has had much harsher treatment before.

I hope you put the candy to good use, and smash them to pieces with it next week.

Last edited:
Back