Influx of Spas on the forum

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

Lets not end up like the Racing Forum or God forbid the Betfair forum. Is it just me or is there more people joining lately than is normal? If new trolls start diluting the place it won't be good.

Last edited:
Lets not end up like the Racing Forum or God forbid the Betfair forum. Is it just me or is there more people joining lately than is normal? If new trolls start diluting the place it won't be good.

Lets not deny the inevitable, there are many cleverer people than yourself on here bonny lad.

Cue the predictable bollocks from the forum bellend who thinks he has a handle on the darts, (you cant beat a man from Cork)!

Please please lads queue up behind me & ostracise him ?

Wont work, cant work................. bell

Sometimes I get to thinking that this place shares certain attitudes and procedures in common with some outlaw one-per-cent'er biker gangs ( Bandido's, Sons Of Silence, Hells Angels etc) !
A new member -- a "Prospect" in the biker gang culture -- gets a hard time of it on Talkinghorses before he becomes a fully accredited member of the club. During this initiation period he will be kicked around -- insulted and abused. Many leave during this period; one needs balls of steel to persevere.
Then, after about six months the club "elders" decide whether or not the Prospect is worthy of full membership -- whether or not he will get to be "patched-up".
If he is fortunate enough to be given his "colours" and accepted as a full member, the once-upon-a-time Prospect discovers that he is awarded a new-found respect and regard. He is "in", and everything changes. He is now part of the Gang.
It was always thus, and always will be I guess.

I myself think we should be nice to all newbies. :)

Sometimes I get to thinking that this place shares certain attitudes and procedures in common with some outlaw one-per-cent'er biker gangs ( Bandido's, Sons Of Silence, Hells Angels etc) !
A new member -- a "Prospect" in the biker gang culture -- gets a hard time of it on Talkinghorses before he becomes a fully accredited member of the club. During this initiation period he will be kicked around -- insulted and abused. Many leave during this period; one needs balls of steel to persevere.
Then, after about six months the club "elders" decide whether or not the Prospect is worthy of full membership -- whether or not he will get to be "patched-up".
If he is fortunate enough to be given his "colours" and accepted as a full member, the once-upon-a-time Prospect discovers that he is awarded a new-found respect and regard. He is "in", and everything changes. He is now part of the Gang.
It was always thus, and always will be I guess.

I myself think we should be nice to all newbies. :)

New members don't normally throw around accusations in their first five posts which he has now deleted.

On the assumption that the reference to "Spas" reffers to people with a certain disability as the original title reads, i personally find the use of that term to be horrific & childlike, there will be people on this forum who either have similar disabilities or have a family member who has or will know someone who is unfortunate enough to have been born in this way.

On the assumption that the reference to "Spas" reffers to people with a certain disability as the original title reads, i personally find the use of that term to be horrific & childlike, there will be people on this forum who either have similar disabilities or have a family member who has or will know someone who is unfortunate enough to have been born in this way.
Get a grip if I call someone a Muppet does it mean I am insulting Kermit the Frog or am I just taking arise out of the person I am talking to?

You'd have to be either a self righteous prick or very touchy to be offended by that. Any sensible person would not make an issue out it unless they thought Slim was being directly offensive to some such person who is disabled.

You're the one who's being a tad childish 'relax ffs and enjoy the show

Last edited:
By the way Slim you mention one word about my mad cow's decease and I'll fly to the UK and knock you out:D

Oh and welcome to the forum Norfolk. I like Nottingham went there once to Sherwood to get a feel for the place......I wanted to be like Robin Hood when I was a kid and rob from the rich and give to the poor but then I discovered robbing the rich and keeping it was more fun:)

As long as they are one of the big 4 high street chains & not us poor impoverished indies i don't mind Tanlic mate ;)

Last edited:
I have also noticed several posts recently from people who have been members for about 10 years, but I've never seen them post before. "Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice.

At least three other forums are failing fast, maybe some of them have decided to take up residence here.

Are these boards going to become extinct? I've noticed similar things on other boards, not racing related, that I belong to. Maybe everything is done on Twitter now?

This place is as safe as houses. The forum was down recently for a day and a few lads were on suicide watch! This place is a force of habit for most of us. This is the first place I think of sharing something I know that may interest others. There are genuinely good lads posting on here and Id have it over Twitter any day. I might add that the demise of this place has been predicted many a time but long running, insightful, reasoned debates on racing keep getting banged out.

If the weak want to run off to Twiiter to contribute to daily backslapping of plastic celebs, agreeing with everything and more recently plagiarism of a members work on here than so be it.

Last edited:
This is the first site I delve into when I turn the lappy on. Though I should post more (more of a confidence thing than anything). There has been some fascinating discussions on here, long may it continue.

Back