Irish Champion Hurdle Weekend

Even my Yorkie crush has faded.

I got a bit sick of hearing he was the most talented horse in training.

He is better than his showing but if I had a chaser WPM would not be in my top 5 in Ireland alone.

yorkhill has become tripless after winning 2 grade 1's at the festival over (pretty much) the same distance and.........not winning whe being tried over a different distance in 2 races since?

He certainly has something to prove as he has looked a shadow this season.

According to the Racing Post, they are investigating betting drift on both horses.

agree. still no idea how he's suddenly become tripless now.

If his trip was that clear cut, they wouldn’t have arsed about at 3m, and then dropped him all the way down to 2m, when he failed to stay. Connections could have gone to the Kinloch Brae or Ascot Chase, and the onto the Ryanair/Melling, if they were convinced he was a 20f horse, so they self-evidently don’t know what his trip is either.

If he runs anywhere over fences at the Festival, it will surely now be the Ryanair, which probably is the race for him......though you would need to be a fairly bold individual/off your tits on something, to back him in any G1 chase in his current form.

Pretty obvious why they went 3m as Ruby thought he would get a trip. Willie on the other hand was of the opinion he was a Champion horse hence the drop back.

Last edited:
Hence even the people who know him best, don’t know what his trip is......hence “tripless”.

Last edited:
If his trip was that clear cut, they wouldn’t have arsed about at 3m, and then dropped him all the way down to 2m, when he failed to stay. Connections could have gone to the Kinloch Brae or Ascot Chase, and the onto the Ryanair/Melling, if they were convinced he was a 20f horse, so they self-evidently don’t know what his trip is either.

If he runs anywhere over fences at the Festival, it will surely now be the Ryanair, which probably is the race for him......though you would need to be a fairly bold individual/off your tits on something, to back him in any G1 chase in his current form.

just because they tried something over 2 races doesn't make the horse tripless. they'll almost certainly go back to 2 and a half now. if he doesn't fire then it would become apparent that something is amiss with the horse.

just because they tried something over 2 races doesn't make the horse tripless. they'll almost certainly go back to 2 and a half now. if he doesn't fire then it would become apparent that something is amiss with the horse.

You are spot on it's madness to suggest he's tripless he's 6 from 7 between 2m2f and 2m5f.. If ever there was a Ryanair horse it's him but Mullins is fooking around with the horse because he has UDS for that.

Wylie should move his horse to Giggie or Jessie someone who will run him where he should be running not where it suits a trainers pocket

Hence even the people who know him best, don’t know what his trip is......hence “tripless”.

Harsh, he has been a very impressive winner twice at the festival

Because no-one truly ants an intermediate horse, his trip has been played around with.

I think there is more than trip which has effected him this season

“Tripless” is a generic term I use for a horse that generally gets humped whatever trip he runs at. Ballycasey is a fine example of the genre.

To be fair, Yorkhill perhaps doesn’t fit that mould 100%, and I would agree there is evidently something else up with him.

I’ve never been on the bandwagon, and have always felt he’s been slightly over-rated, but he is obviously a talented animal that has lost his way. I would caution against him suddenly returning to form, back at 2m5f - even if he has won twice at the trip at the Festival.

There’s something more than race-distance wrong with his performances, imo, and I wouldn’t be taking a short-price about him in a Ryanair.

Last edited:
yep - he is like a booty call at this stage. Maybe i'll answer the phone or maybe ill just ignore

He still has a place in my affection but this is a ruthless game and we move on

Some of the blame must be laid at Mullins door for his desperation to find a Gold Cup winner. He may suggest it was others that thought he could handle 3 miles plus but he wouldn’t have needed much convincing.

It makes you think that they probably made the right decisions with Vautour, albeit at the last possible minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
“Tripless” is a generic term I use for a horse that generally gets humped whatever trip he runs at. Ballycasey is a fine example of the genre.

To be fair, Yorkhill perhaps doesn’t fit that mould 100%, and I would agree there is evidently something else up with him.

I’ve never been on the bandwagon, and have always felt he’s been slightly over-rated, but he is obviously a talented animal that has lost his way. I would caution against him suddenly returning to form, back at 2m5f - even if he has won twice at the trip at the Festival.

There’s something more than race-distance wrong with his performances, imo, and I wouldn’t be taking a short-price about him in a Ryanair.

Are you drunk or stoned...to be fair????? Perhaps???.....That's a big word (excuse for stupidity)where did you dig that up?...There's no perhaps about it as I said 2.2F to 2m5f virtually unbeaten..........your ass is generic:lol:

Last edited:
Back