Irish Champion Hurdle Weekend

Would love to hear Geraghty's reason for pulling up on Hell's Kitchen....took some yanking too

Great to meet Chronic, Art, eddie, grass, Dave, Colm and Shane today.

Also great to see Samcro. He is every inch a beast full of size and muscle. Blown away by him in the flesh

20180204_133742_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Had me worried because he wasn't 1/5 I was wondering if something was wrong
but! he really blew me away today with just how easy he kicked them aside..
6 from 6 and counting he surely will be champion hurdle or Arkle material next season

Great to see Chroniclandlord, Edgt, Grey, Granger and An Capall at the track today - upstanding citizens all.

And tremendous fun spending the weekend racing with Double Handful (Shane), who is a top man......even if he did only realise today, that Billy Ocean is black.

Great to see a race meeting get the crowds it did without the need for a ladies' day.
Genuine racing fans had two great race days.
lovely to meet up with the crew here and had the pleasure of sitting beside Roberto, an Italian Racing journalist over for the weekend.
A big NH fan , he was very impressed by Samcro also.
It was the runner up , however, who caught the eye of one of game's shrewdest judges, the first man to publicly identify Noel Fehily as the most under rated and under used jockey in these islands ten years ago !
Jessie, fair play to her, publicly noted Puppy Power's efforts to get down to 10-3 for the first race today.
As for the best Irish NH day's racing I think this day 1997 with Commanche Court winning 4 year old hurdle, Doran's Pride defeating See More Business in Novice Chase, Istabraq winning Deloitte from Finnegan's Hollow and Danoli, Jodami, Imperial Call 1-2-3 in Gold Cup had it all .

Monalee a nice horse for sure.

Gold cup a total mess. Can’t believe Might Bite still the price he is.

Last edited:
A fantastic weekend. Great to see everybody again.

Footpad, Min, Supasundae, Samcro and Monalee all impressive.

Much better performances from Djakadam and Faugheen too.

The first two in Saturday's bumper were very impressive.

Great too to see Killultagh Vic get up and walk back after his fall.

Fantastic festival. I doubt you'll see racing of that quality at any other meeting, and I include Cheltenham in that.

Fantastic festival. I doubt you'll see racing of that quality at any other meeting, and I include Cheltenham in that.

Hopefully it grows into something really big

The only possible diversion is that it might tax some of the horses in terms of march but I don't see any trainer worth his salt using that line

I think the English trainers and owners ought to be ashamed of themselves for not travelling to this meeting. Lowest prize fund 75K and they spend their time hunting 10K pots at Wincanton with their top horses while bemoaning the lack of opportunity.

What a fantastic weekend. The racing was absolutely top class and the company wasn't too bad either.
Was a pleasure to meet Slim, Grassy, Digger, Smokey, granger, Grey and Chroniclandlord. The Scottish lads can fairly drink, but they couldn't handle their Ribs!
I'm just about recovering today and watching back all the racing. I'm still not over Dounikos getting pipped for a place (Financially would have made a massive difference).
Min my favourtie winner over the weekend and was massively taken with the performances of Footpad, Monalee and in particular Samcro, who did it all so so easily. The Hype is real!

As for Billy Ocean............................ The less said the better. The going really did get tough on me after I dropped that clanger :):whistle::blink:

I did think Dounikous was made for Crofts but he is a little bit better than I imagined

Biggest issue I have now is that he didn't land the spoils for me financially yesterday and now his H'Cap mark is blown.
He was OR 147 before yesterday (Which I was adamant was a very lenient mark and he'd chucked in a H'Cap off 147) with Al Boum Photo 150 and Invitation only 153.
Dounikos was 1.5 Lengths behind Monalee and only 1/2 length behind Invitation Only, so He's sure to get a new OR of 153+ I'd imagine.
It will be interesting to see where he goes at the festival. All 3 novice chase races still a possibility and depending on his OR, a H'Cap may still not be out of the question.

Last edited:
Back