Irish Champion Hurdle Weekend

Awaiting the decs with dribbly chops like a daft Bull Mastiff with his face up the window awaiting his masters return.

Last edited:
McManus's racing manager Frank Berry said: "The plan is for Defi Du Seuil to run at Leopardstown providing he scopes right. It will be good to get him back on track and to see where he slots in.
"Barry Geraghty will be riding Buveur D'Air at Sandown. It isn't yet written in stone who will be on Defi Du Seuil."

Just checked the card for Saturday. It will be a long and tortuous day waiting through that muck before we get to THAT Bumper.

Footpad is the biggest cert all weekend. Even Henry is playing down the Mooch’s chances.

Will be at the track Saturday and Sunday. We ahould sort out a TH Sunday rendezvous via these pages.

Last edited:
The section of parade ring beside where the horses head out to the track is a handy meeting point during both days.

After racing on Saturday the France v Ireland game starts as soon as the horses in the bumper pass the post, so plenty of people will be hanging around to watch it, myself included I'd imagine.

I would have thought prayer-mats round the Hurricane Fly statue would have been more apposite, Arthur?

You mean the prop from Zombie Flypocalypse?

Keen to see if it looks as grim up close, as it does in the pictures.

I may have to desecrate it, with a view to them starting again from scratch, if it does not do the great horse sufficient justice.

If you don't like it there is a lovely statue nearby to that marvelous mare that above all others represents the rich tapestry of Leopardstown's history. Snow Fairy.

Last edited:
Back