Irish Champions' Weekend

Jesus Wept I must have backed La Collina half a dozen times since she won the phoenix but not this time!! I Always thought 10f was the best trip ever since she stayed on late in the 1000 guineas.

Jesus Wept I must have backed La Collina half a dozen times since she won the phoenix but not this time!! I Always thought 10f was the best trip ever since she stayed on late in the 1000 guineas.

Smashing win for the stable. That stupid **** Johnny Ward made a ridiculous comment about the horse in the RP this season

AK is a silly price tonight,,had a massive lay on this..get some losses back from the last few weeks...can't win after that York run..needs resting after the fast ground there

AK is a silly price tonight,,had a massive lay on this..get some losses back from the last few weeks...can't win after that York run..needs resting after the fast ground there

Good Call EC, AK has had his summer in the sun.

Well done. I was out and missed it and read your post before knowing result and thought what is he doing laying a 5/2 shot which goes to show how ridiculous the price was.

And, credit to the Fugue who I think is a really top class horse and could place in a fast ground Arc.

AOB believes DoW's best form is on fast ground and so pulled him. I'm not convinced as for me he ran as well at Goodwood as he did at York. That said he would have had stamina questions to answer over a mile and a quarter on rain softened ground.

At their respective bests I would have AK on 126 and The Fugue on 123 (at Ascot AK got first run on a poorly ridden filly and notably didn't put any distance into her once she started her run)

Yesterday The Fugue won despite being below her best (119) AK has been overraced and felt the effects (120) and Trading Leather (119 at his best) also ran below form (better on fast). Parish Hall (110) seems a good ratings marker for the race.

In an ever-changing world, it's nice to know there are at least some constants. Australia, winner of the juvenile G3 yesterday is, according to his trainer, "very special" - apparently, "the lads" were "knocked out by him as soon as they saw him" and "we've always thought there was something very different about him...We really have always thought the world of him...he'd have enough pace for [the Dewhurst]...the speed he started to show at home marked him as a bit special." No mention of his "data" but, otherwise, it's all there.

It makes you wonder how they let him go off 5/2 in a four-runner race. Perhaps none of the lads like a bet.

So very very true Gus. Would have been 2/5 if we are believe that

in other words...he is talking bollocks

7669_448806048566891_164827084_n.jpg

Australia - © HorseracingInternational.com

Last edited:
Update: Australia is "totally extraordinary" according to O'Brien. "Everyone probably knows we always thought he was the best horse we've ever had. I don't want to be blowing up the horse but he was always doing things no two-year-old has ever done before."

It's only two years since he had this to say about Camelot: "The boys get all the information every day from the works and the times and they were saying that his work was so exceptional it's hard to believe. In comparison to other horses his data was incredible. He can probably do whatever you want..."

In other words, Australia is the best horse they've ever had since the last one and until the next one.

The AOB superlatives would sicken you. Does he honestly believe anyone with half a brain in their head believes his crap. I'd like to think he's saying it tongue in cheek or for a bet.

I don't want to be blowing up the horse but he was always doing things no two-year-old has ever done before.

Sounds more like he's blowing him off. Mind you he sounds hes been around a bit for a two year old

I'd like to think he's saying it tongue in cheek or for a bet.

Sadly, he's not. And if - a big if but we have to allow for the remote possibility - Australia one day suffers another defeat, O'Brien is on past form (So You Think, Declaration Of War) much more likely to blame himself ("trainer error") than simply accept the horse has been beaten fair and square.

This sort of thing is totally counter-productive. We should be hoping Australia lives up to his breeding and develops into a brilliant horse but I suspect I'm not alone in half-hoping the horse gets well stuffed next time out.

And to think there was a letter in the Post last week from some idiot claiming that Frankel - Frankel - had been "hyped".

On reflection I do think that Donny and Ladbrokes should perhaps stop whingeing and do something about improving the meeting.

They need to get Channel 4 back on board and not have three very good days and one pile of **** .

Back