Irish Chasers

Melendez

At the Start
Is Travado or Nicanor still around?

It's a bit of a pain having a golden era for chasers and the best we have is probably still Beef or Salmon. Surely there is something around that can spoil the party next year at any rate. Aranleigh? Aran Concerto? Anyone have any hopes for anything Irish having a semblance of a chance of making a 180+ 3 mile chaser.

Doesn't seem to be there right now...

Nicanor looks like never coming back at this rate..and Mr Nosie wasn't in Meade's Stable Tour? Presume he's brown bread....

Presumably you mean Travino rather than Travado who has long since been retired.
Connections were looking at him returning at Clonmel today but presumably the horse isn't quite ready,so hopefully will be back soon.

Most of the main players are only just starting to emerge now and we'll see much more again at Christmas. The fast ground has delayed plenty of them.

Notable d'estruval was good at the weekend. Not sure if he will end up at Cheltenham, but it wouldnt be beyond the bounds of possibility. Real scopy Arthur Moore type. (might end up a staying version of Mansony.) Arbor Surpreme is a sure fire winner from the same race. MAde a horrible mistake 4 out but chased the winner until getting run iout of the places in the last 100 yards.

Meade said today in the Racing Post that Nicanor is due back around Christmas, though Aran Concerto won't be seen until sometime in the new year..

Kazal could well turn out to be best of the novice chasers we have seen out thus far IMO, though might not be a Cheltenham prospect given that he probably needs soft ground to be seen to best effect..

In Timeform's Horses To Follow, Noel Meade explains that Mr Nosie twisted a ligament in his knee and has also had problems with his tendons and has undergone stem cell treatment. When the book was published he was saying the horse won't be out before November and that they will be campaigning him around 2m over fences.

Really taken by Thyne Again today at Naas. Travelled really sweetly throughout over an inadequate trip.. took a while to pick up but was well in command at the line..

Connections indicated after the race that he's expected to come on considerably for the run and thankfully ruled out a trip to Chletenham this year, instead opting for the Powers Gold Cup.

If he's kept right (and Liam Burke is certainly the right man for that job) he could really be something special..

I'm a big fan of Thyne Again and am pretty sure I put him up on the thread after he was robbed blind the last day in that beginners where everything went wrong for him. Would have done for Notre Pere and Knocknabooly that day and they are very decent. Was a very progressive novice hurdler the season he picked up his injury and Burke..who may not always be as bullish...was even saying then he thought he could be even a Gold Cup horse one day.

Absolutely one to stay on the right side of if they can keep him sound.

Well done to connections for bringing him back from injury but his form yesterday was nothing to get to excited about while his jumping was pretty iffy at times.

If anything the handicapper doth flatter him. He's a pretty much exposed low to mid 150's horse, surely Twist Magic is low to mid 170's?

Well done to connections for bringing him back from injury but his form yesterday was nothing to get to excited about while his jumping was pretty iffy at times.

Gal, this horse has won over 2 miles and 6 furlongs and is clearly a good stayer but still won this impressively over a shorter distance.

Am told that Davy Russell has said that thinking about this horse keeps him awake at night....which...while having worrying romantic undertones...is a comment worth noting.

I'm banging this drum until proven incorrect

I knew someone mentioned him in the Dark horses thread.

Dark Horses

Promising, but still I think Galileo has a point about yesterday's race. Think he is a better horse than Notre Pere and probably Knocknabooly though.

The Powers Gold Cup is brewing up into a cracker.

Remember you mentioning him alright, Boobyjo.

As for the form of yesterday's race, it's probably nothing to get carried away with, though I have a feeling that Albanov probably ran his best race yet over fences by quite some margin. Worth noting as well that beat Dark Artist was beaten further yesterday than by Perce Rock at Navan, though whether Dark Artist ran to the same level of form is admittedly dubious given the form of the Meade yard.

First two in the novice hurdle will both make lovely staying chasers in time.

Gal, this horse has won over 2 miles and 6 furlongs and is clearly a good stayer but still won this impressively over a shorter distance.

I dont think it was particularly impressive. Granted he was always holding on well but it was hardly done with alot of ease.

On soft ground I would take Notre Pere to beat him over 3 miles and Skys The Limit to beat him in the Drimore.

Notre Pere is completely overrated in my book. Maybe people are wishing well for the Dreapers - which is fine, great to see him have a good horse. But his form is nothing special. To me, Callherwhatulike was the best horse in the William Neville, and beating Abbeybraney doesnt amount to more than beating Albanov.

Notre Pere is a plodder, and not a grade 1 plodder at that (despite the win) Sky's the Limit's chasing form isnt actually great either. I'm not all that convinced that he has turned a new leaf this year chasing, despite his 2 grade 1 wins.

I think the three best novices I've seen this year in Ireland have been Notable D'Estruval, Knocknabooly, and Thyne Again.

Back