Irish Derby Weekend

I think it was pretty noticeable on RTE all weekend how much emphasis and importance all the trainers and jockeys were placing on the Irish Derby. Its probably not something British ATR viewers would see or pick up on (just to the coverage on ATR) but I think their comments and then the jubilant reaction from all at Coolmore explain how important the home classics are. I am sure it is the same for the French and British but I guess it goes to explain some way why Bolger was keen to win his two home classics. It does of course not excuse his behaviour, but if he had handled the affair in an more open manner I think his reasoning and justification probably had a lot of truth behind it.

Originally posted by rorydelargy@Jun 29 2008, 11:50 PM
Merlin ~ you've said that three times now and you've been wrong every time!
Rory, it was posted in triplicate, as I thought you had a problem understanding my WELSH accent or you were having problems! And unable to grasp the gist of the message..............J-M is not an apprentice................or do you know something that I don't know :shy: ????????????

Curtain Call's connections fail to persuade the Irish Turf Club to promote their horse to 3rd in the Irish Derby on appeal, which on the face of the evidence but oral and visual seems harsh:

From the RP report just up:

<< The appeals body dismissed the appeal on the basis that there was substantial doubt as to whether or not Alessandro Volta had improved his placing in relation to Curtain Call as a result of causing the interference. They also ordered that the appeal deposit be refunded. >>

Back