Irish Flat Season 2016

Bold Thady Quill is an unlikely winner but is always an excellent E/W/place market proposition
Absolutely loves the early season.

Lady Giselle could run a tidy race in Lincoln as she will love going and is all heart but so so small.

Embiran just touched off at Cork last Oct by Moonlight Magic,my idea of an Epsom Derby ante post bet.

Delighted to see Kieren Fallon back in Ireland, however long it will last; he is too talented not to be riding.

Any word for TAWALEEF in the first 2-y-o race of season, Slim?

Won't win. Sufoof is the (NAP). How in the name of Jesus the clueless put in Paddy Power 5/2 is beyond me. He's been run over by 80 horses in Thirsk for fucks sake.

Last edited:
Awtaad was devastingly impressive. I really wasn't expecting that. It reminded me of Jack Hobbs.

Exciting winner of 3yo maiden at Cork today Harzand by Sea The Stars ex Hazariya, a bull of a horse who ran away with the race on desperate ground.
Has Derby and Irish Derby entries.

I think it was an average maiden and the ground exaggerated the winning margin some what but 66/1 for the Derby in a non vintage year seems insane.

For sure Slim but still a nice horse.
Of interest for me tomorrow is Battleroftheboyne 3.00 Cork.
Has had 67 races and is exposed to the hilt but has changed stables and new trainer Eamonn O Connell transformed Sassaway from an exposed 48 to a high of 86 and had Powerstation sweet until he was 14 or 15.
He damn near won the handicap hurdle at Cork today with Captainofthefleet so is in form.
One to keep an eye on imo.
Gordon Lord Byron makes his seasonal reappearance also for fans of perennials like myself.
Had a most amusing chat with Tom Hogan yesterday most of which is unprintable alas !

US Army Ranger been nibbled at in Derby betting ahead of an entry in the 10f Curragh maiden on Sunday won previously by Ruler of The World. Impeccably bred, being by Galileo and out of Moonstone. Interesting to see where he pitches up - one of 3 unraced O'Brien horses entered in the Dante this week as well.

US Army Ranger been nibbled at in Derby betting ahead of an entry in the 10f Curragh maiden on Sunday won previously by Ruler of The World. Impeccably bred, being by Galileo and out of Moonstone. Interesting to see where he pitches up - one of 3 unraced O'Brien horses entered in the Dante this week as well.

Do you know more than this? Its not being nibbled, its being backed.

Do you know more than this? Its not being nibbled, its being backed.

"US Army Ranger is a nice colt. He's in at the Curragh and we'll decide later in the week where he'll start."
"We liked him last year but he had a little setback. We're very happy with him so far and he's bred absolutely in the purple."

Aidan O'Brien from yesterday's RP

"US Army Ranger is a nice colt. He's in at the Curragh and we'll decide later in the week where he'll start."
"We liked him last year but he had a little setback. We're very happy with him so far and he's bred absolutely in the purple."

Aidan O'Brien from yesterday's RP

I'll be disappointed if this is the only reason for the cash but its possible.

Don't know anything Slim. He came to my eye when I was cross-refencing Timeform 2-y-o predicted ratings with those that ran last year. He was obviously unraced but his predicted 2-y-o rating of 119 was the highest of the lot. I checked his pedigree and thought he was a dark horse for the Derby. Since then I've been looking out for him. He galloped in the second Group after racing the other day (pink and dark blue cap) and shaped well enough, leading them home without being asked for maximum effort.

Hopefully Sunday will tell us where we stand.

Don't know anything Slim. He came to my eye when I was cross-refencing Timeform 2-y-o predicted ratings with those that ran last year. He was obviously unraced but his predicted 2-y-o rating of 119 was the highest of the lot. I checked his pedigree and thought he was a dark horse for the Derby. Since then I've been looking out for him. He galloped in the second Group after racing the other day (pink and dark blue cap) and shaped well enough, leading them home without being asked for maximum effort.

Hopefully Sunday will tell us where we stand.

Thanks for the reply David; that's fascinating stuff. Don't forget if I get through this merger we''re all on the same team now. You can put away the bastards on here but tell me what you really know.

David,

Can you say what it was about this horses make up that gave it such a high predicted rating? Its not like the siblings were that much use.

Back