Irish Flat Season 2016

Various factors go into it. Would disagree a little with the point about siblings, three previous foals were rated 100+ by Timeform which while not rare, isn't common either. They were by sires who don't have as good a record as Galileo and dam's rating also a factor. 15 or so factors influence a predicted rating. Apologies for being a little vague, but don't want to divulge in great detail the factors used to arrive at a rating.

Various factors go into it. Would disagree a little with the point about siblings, three previous foals were rated 100+ by Timeform which while not rare, isn't common either. They were by sires who don't have as good a record as Galileo and dam's rating also a factor. 15 or so factors influence a predicted rating. Apologies for being a little vague, but don't want to divulge in great detail the factors used to arrive at a rating.

I respect your to right to not divulge but I will also not declare what I know about the horses work....

SF Curragh 20 March 2016 Pace
91 MISTER TRADER Even

The form of the first 2yo race of the season is on offer tomorrow. Is the form of the race worth anything bar the winner? If its not than the likely favourites will need to be taken on with one of the newcomers.

SF Curragh 20 March 2016 Pace
91 MISTER TRADER Even

The form of the first 2yo race of the season is on offer tomorrow. Is the form of the race worth anything bar the winner? If its not than the likely favourites will need to be taken on with one of the newcomers.

did you miss Tilly Trotter trotting up last night Slim?...beat a couple of 37k hosses....37k hosses could be something like 75/80 animals so its not looking bad

if franking is your thing then its already franked,,owt could win that race tomorrow..depends on the improvement..those behind Callender could improve more..intensely was only 5/1 for that race for instance..heavy ground again..no bet race imo

its not like Mister Trader sets the bar impossibly high and those behind were beaten far enough

Last edited:
did you miss Tilly Trotter trotting up last night Slim?...beat a couple of 37k hosses....37k hosses could be something like 75/80 animals so its not looking bad

if franking is your thing then its already franked,,owt could win that race tomorrow..depends on the improvement..those behind Callender could improve more..intensely was only 5/1 for that race for instance..heavy ground again..no bet race imo

its not like Mister Trader sets the bar impossibly high and those behind were beaten far enough

Poor on my part. Yes it absolutely pissed in.

Poor on my part. Yes it absolutely pissed in.

it wasn't a big figure race last night Slim..but like said the 2nd + 3rd aren't rubbish looking at the price tags on em..and Tilly was well beat behind MT

early days Slim..easy tiger..lets get the lie of the land a bit with these babies..we got time:)

Some rain falling in Ireland with more forecast-my bet on the card would be Success Days to chin Found.

I'm just not convinced by Intensely Focused. He was well beat by Callender who actually went off shorter than him on the BSP (8.78 V 8). I don't for a second belive the Betfair SP's for the race but it would lead you to believe that the Prendergast filly is the better of the two. The market may not bet it that way tomorrow.

have you backed DUSKER..in the 1.55?..sheikh is going for 9/9 with 2yo's in mar/apr on AW...i know stats are frowned on on here but this one has been a money spinner..it will break soon but an 8/8 stat is noteworthy

early days Slim..easy tiger..lets get the lie of the land a bit with these babies..we got time:)

I'm just keeping on top of the form rather than desperately seeking a bet although it appears that way!

have you backed DUSKER..in the 1.55?..sheikh is going for 9/9 with 2yo's in mar/apr on AW...i know stats are frowned on on here but this one has been a money spinner..it will break soon but an 8/8 stat is noteworthy

No. I'm very sweet on the MJ horse in the Brockelsby.

that one did get done by the draw..didn't get away quite as well as his others have done from wide draws and never saw the lead like the others

US Army Ranger is around 16/1 for the Derby and 2/1 for this afternoon's maiden.

No doubt he'll come on for the race but, basically, one of those prices must be wrong.

US Army Ranger is around 16/1 for the Derby and 2/1 for this afternoon's maiden.

No doubt he'll come on for the race but, basically, one of those prices must be wrong.

The Derby price is the single most retarded price ever in the history of ante post betting. It's a Twitter creation from morons. The Weld horse will smash it and they'll be looking for Triumph hurdle quotes.

Back