Irish Grand National

Another race another horse falls at the second last. Horses tired from the ground to blame?

Gorgeous horse - the stupid, stupid RP has him as 'blundered' and not even given him the respect of an RIP, the wankers. What with KEEPHOLDIN trying to keep cantering right near me with his shattered near-fore, coming home to see that happen was the chicken's arse today.

Watched the replay again - ACM is barged mid-air by the darker horse on his right, knocking him sideways. Looked 'all gone' - disunited when gaining his feet. Sod, sod and sod again. Had gone superbly to then and looked in a smooth position to go ahead and win.

Last edited:
Was Siegemaster trying to refuse when he fell, it was a very odd-looking and nasty fall? Glad he and jockey got up okay.

RP (useless!) says he was weakening when fell, but that DANCING TORNADO refused the last. However - who's the horse seen half on top of the last? No mention of anyone ending up perched half-on, half-off. I imagine they were all very tired by the last, though, so no wonder so many 'incidents' there.

However - who's the horse seen half on top of the last? No mention of anyone ending up perched half-on, half-off. I imagine they were all very tired by the last, though, so no wonder so many 'incidents' there.

Krizon, I think that was Ambobo. There was a picture of it in today's Irish Times.

Thanks, c/l, for clearing that up. Quite an unusual position - one's used to seeing horses inside Becher's Brook in the Grand Nasty, but you don't often see one perched on top of Irish fences!

Back