Yeats
Clowance
Profound Beauty
Suailce
Age Of Aquarius
Changingoftheguard
Moon Indigo
Mourayan

14 furlongs is not far enough for Yeats to assert over a field of this considerable quality. Profound Beauty/Alandi/Schiaparelli are all much better that those down the field to Septimus last year.

I guess Septimus just is not yet (maybe never again?) ready to race. Otherwise I don't think Coolmore would run Yeats, who has lost this race once before, won it by a small margin and controversially from stablemate Scorpion, and I'm pretty sure will lose it next Saturday. I'd be surprised if AOB wanted to run Yeats - hope they don't.

Septimus is back in full work and is being aimed at Longchamp.

This is very likely to be Yeat's last run - Schiaparelli looks to have a huge chance.

Last edited:
Good news about Septimus, Galileo!

Surprised, however, that he's not in the Leger and that Yeats isn't going to France. Perhaps they want his last race to be in Ireland - I really hope he runs well.

Good news about Septimus, Galileo!

Surprised, however, that he's not in the Leger and that Yeats isn't going to France. Perhaps they want his last race to be in Ireland - I really hope he runs well.

Yeat's started his career at The Curragh and is ending it at The Curragh. I suppose there is a chance of him going to Longchamp if Septimus was not ready but that is the idea as far as I am aware.

14 furlongs is not far enough for Yeats to assert over a field of this considerable quality. Profound Beauty/Alandi/Schiaparelli are all much better that those down the field to Septimus last year.

I guess Septimus just is not yet (maybe never again?) ready to race. Otherwise I don't think Coolmore would run Yeats, who has lost this race once before, won it by a small margin and controversially from stablemate Scorpion, and I'm pretty sure will lose it next Saturday. I'd be surprised if AOB wanted to run Yeats - hope they don't.

What was the controversy about his defeat of Scorpion -I had a chunky ew bet on Scorpion that day and he was beaten fair and square.

It looks a real top class field with Yeats, Profound Beauty, Alandi, Schiaparelli and possibly Mourayan all running. I hope Yeats finishes with a win, but it won't be easy against this field. I was really impressed with Profound Beauty in the Ballyroan, but I think that Schiaparelli could be an even bigger threat.

It looks a real top class field with Yeats, Profound Beauty, Alandi, Schiaparelli and possibly Mourayan all running. I hope Yeats finishes with a win, but it won't be easy against this field. I was really impressed with Profound Beauty in the Ballyroan, but I think that Schiaparelli could be an even bigger threat.

Mourayan goes to Donny Oxx said tonight.

Looks the best renewal in years.. Tastahil is a hugely progressive horse and this step up in trip and soft ground is going to absolutely ideal if he lines up. He is bound to be a decent price so I might chance him e/w or just for a place if the odds are favourable.

I'm worried about the ground for Yeats, as well as the field. Is it not soft at the moment? Can fully understand why they would want him to end his career there though.

I like Profound Beauty a lot . I wish they were giving Yeats an easy send off in a fast ground Donny Cup .

I can't see the reasoning behind choosing this race for Yeats, given his preference for a sound surface. If they want to be sentimental, retire him now; if they wanted him to win one more time, send him to Doncaster where he would get fast ground and he'd be deservedly odds on.

I can't see the reasoning behind choosing this race for Yeats, given his preference for a sound surface. If they want to be sentimental, retire him now; if they wanted him to win one more time, send him to Doncaster where he would get fast ground and he'd be deservedly odds on.

Anything short of a Group 1 is a step down for him now (not worth getting out of bed for) plus he'd have to shoulder a penalty in races short of Group 1, and there are no Group 1 races for him at Doncaster.

I think the decision to run him at The Curragh has more to do with what Galileo said, it is where he started out and it is the home track. There are pros and cons but the family will all be there and you can undertstand them wanting Yeats with them. Susan missed seeing him win his 4th Gold Cup due to having just lost her Father and her Mother being at home with her, so it will mean a lot to both of them to see him run locally when they are both there honouring Vincent.

I don't think Yeats has to prove anything anyway. Sure would be wonderful for him to sign off with a win but to be honest he has made history and anything he does now is just for fun.

It is touching what Aidan says about Yeats running at the Curragh, I hope they get lucky one last time and the rain stays away. A small hint in there that he may yet go to France though? :)

"The ground is not going to be ideal for Yeats and it could be his last run in Ireland, but we'd like to run him for the people, the Curragh, the race and the sponsors."

Luke wrote:

What was the controversy about his defeat of Scorpion -I had a chunky ew bet on Scorpion that day and he was beaten fair and square.

There was considerable talk after the race that Scorpion's jockey (Heffernan I think) didn't really try hard enough on his mount, because the stable wanted Yeats to win. Don't know whether this doubt was justified but it was there at the time. Perhaps others on here can remember better than I.

Hope they don't run Yeats if the ground isn't good - it would be great to see him go out on a win, whether that would be the Gold Cup, the Irish Leger or the Cadran. As I wrote before, Profound Beauty, Alandi, and Schiaparelli (if he runs) are formidable opponents over 14f.

Weld states Profound Beauty is a doubtful runner. Does anyone know if Schiaparelli is an intended runner here or at Doncaster on Friday?

Yeats over 1m6 on heavy/soft ground will surely be very vulnerable. It would surely have suited Septimus much better.

If we can have two more days of weather like today's the ground the prospect of soft or heavy ground would surely be remote, I would have thought.

Lovely, bright sunny day in Dublin with a fresh breeze to boot. Makes a nice change every now and then...

Would there be an argument for switching all/most of the major flat races at the Curragh to Leopardstown until the Curragh put in place a better drainage system?

There's an argument for switching more of the big races from the Curragh to Leopardstown regardless!

It seems a better track to me. It's not good enough to have top class flat races almost continually run in a bog. Irish horse racing is right up there in terms of trainers, horses and breeding operation(s) but it's courses such as the Curragh leave a lot to be desired.

For the record the Irish Derby was not run on a bog, far from it.

Nothing could cater for the weather we have had the last couple of summers.....but lets not forget Henry's Guineas was run on fast ground.

Last edited:
Back