4/1 Schiaparelli
9/1 All The Aces
12/1 Tastahi
25/1 Clowance
28/1 Royal And Regal
40/1 Moon Indigo
50/1 Suailce
100/1 Bashkirov

Does anyone know why the Curragh is staging the big races of its two day meeting on the Saturday rather than Sunday?

Johnny deserting Yeats has to be a major negative.The Irish jockeys title seems to be a major objective and he ducked Doncaster today and the last day of York to ride at small Irish meetings.

Can't believe that my sweetheart Schiaparelli is seriously considered as an counterpart to Yeats. It's incredible, it's amazing ... I'm obviously in the Schiaparelli camp, but to beat yeats: oh my god. Can not sleep or eat or think clearly ...

A potential counterpart of Yeats when there's plenty of worries about Yeats - he doesn't have the greatest record in this race, or this time of year, or even on the course, or on the likely ground. 2 and a half miles around Ascot in June, on the other hand... :)

I really do fear that Yeats will get beat at weekend and dread the sight. No fan of Godolphin, but been pretty clever chosing races for Schiaparelli, who must unfortunatly be considered the "class horse" in the race, with his Group 1 wins in Germany and italy over the classic trip. seing murtagh not getting out of doncaster a major minus as well, but o´brien´s been quoted as saying that this is for his irish fans and a very sporting descion to run. I just pray that Yeats will do it against all odds!

I would think that if Yeats lines up that in itself would be a positive sign. If I had a bet I think it would be Profound Beauty, but I'm inclined to leave this alone.

Last edited:
For the record the Irish Derby was not run on a bog, far from it.

Nothing could cater for the weather we have had the last couple of summers.....but lets not forget Henry's Guineas was run on fast ground.

I never named particular races. Of course, you'll always have exceptions. The state of the Curragh's drainage is a hinderance to the pattern, and it makes no sense to have so many races there, and so little at Leopardstown which is much better.

I don't think it is all about winning this for Yeats, just turning up is sporting indeed and after all he had done surely people do not expect him to win everytime. He has been beaten before after all, and no disgrace at all in his long career.

He deserves to take his chance and I'm looking forward to him running, win or lose. It's a nice little day out for him as opposed to travelling far.

Hard to believe the Curragh is riding soft after three absolutely glorious days; if it was like this last week, Leopardstown would be watering to maintain good to firm!

Hopefully Yeats will sign off with a win tomorrow. He has been a fabulous ambassador for the sport, but the opposition is way better than when he won this race two years ago.

Back