Irish National

Ian R, I had a couple of quid each way on the winner, (big licks me :rolleyes: ) taking 33's at the exact time you posted on here (11:40am) :D glad Pomme was out by then.

If only they'd taken Royal County Star and Hear The Echo out aswell ! Anyway 16/1 ew cheered me up after we nearly lost our horse when he turned over in the horse box when being loaded up for Towcester on Sunday. Thankfully, due to the efforts of Hen's staff and Wantage Fire Brigade, he survived and is now recovering.

Originally posted by Ian R@Mar 24 2008, 11:06 PM
If only they'd taken Royal County Star and Hear The Echo out aswell ! Anyway 16/1 ew cheered me up after we nearly lost our horse when he turned over in the horse box when being loaded up for Towcester on Sunday. Thankfully, due to the efforts of Hen's staff and Wantage Fire Brigade, he survived and is now recovering.
Ian, so sorry to hear about your horse. :eek: I hope he makes a full recovery.

Thanks Kathy - miraculously he appears to be more or less fine now - stands straight and walks ok but has very sore stomach muscles from when he was stuck see-sawing on his belly on the partition to the groom's area. Has many scratches and is very sore around his head where they had to attach ropes to drag him out through the groom's door so he won't be able to have a bridle on for a while. We will have him properly vetted later this week when the soreness settles down but miraculously he may still run this season !

Sounds amazingly scary - poor old boy!
I hope he doesn't get 'box fright' after that, he'll need careful re-acclimatising I suppose, and not on a race day!

Back