Jack Bruce

Tanlic

Senior Jockey
Jack Bruce who sang most of Cream's songs has died

My own favourite was The White Room. Used to sit in the cafe as a kid with my mates drinking coke while it played on the juke box and play drums on the table with 2 knives lol

RIP

Great Bass player. it's the pits getting older and seeing all these people that have been around for all your life shuffling off. I just hope I go before Kate Bush.

Think we've both got a few years left in us yet, though :)

Last edited:
He not only sang them but wrote them as well [according to the gospel that is wikipedia]. I've just found my vinyl copy of Disraeli Gears which was in the loft so it's on the shelf. In the process of which I've found Kates 'Never Forever' which I shall frame and give to my SIL who has become a fan. My daughter has been telling everyone that she was named after Kate; she's probably right but, blow me I can't remember back that far.

First album I ever bought was Wheels of Fire. I worshipped Jack, Eric and Ginger, but every album the made seemed to have about 5 tracks from previous releases. WoF had a whole side with a 20 minute drum solo. Spurious.

Have you spotted the link for posting a YouTube on here Moe? If not, it's second from the right at the top there. Just copy address as normal from youtube and paste it in there.

Where it says Reply with quote?

no its the little filmstrip, shown in the pic below. Just click it, copy and paste the youtube (or any) link into the pop up box, and thats it
you can also insert a picture direct from your hard drive rather than having to upload it first, using the picture icon

attachment.php

Attachments

• marie.jpg
    marie.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

EDIT: TIP - make sure its the full url including the http://

Last edited by a moderator:
....ok I know Jack wasn't with them but that was where a lot of great bands and great music began....

Not a patch on the original White Room. In my humble opinion, that is.
Why did Clapton eschew using the wah-wah in that reunion version. The wah pedal effect is the killer-punch of the song.
(Besides Brucie, another tremendous bassist -- also deceased -- also played on the original recording. Anyone care to venture a guess as to who that might be? :)

One of my real musical heroes..RIP Jack..

he was one of the UK's best musicians of his genre..great singer ..bass player..great pianist..composer of some of Rocks original great riffs...along with Pete Brown. Later a solo career stretching 5 decades.

These two numbers alone show why Jack's great voice and bass playing was so revered in the heady days of the late 60's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoNR0rwXiQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0o0l7ekKvk

Last edited:
Almost made me gag to see Ginger still smoking in his state. Suppose it wouldn't really help if he stopped now though, maybe add a few weeks to his life. Can't believe that I was a heavy smoker till about ten years ago.Only dabbled with other stuff though and never tempted to go down the road that JB did. Any of you guys on here ever chased the dragon?

Sounds of the Eighties that was on straight afterwards was a really good on featuring REM [Michael Stipe [sp] with HAIR]; The Smiths, Pixies etc etc. May watch it again on iplayer; it was a classic!

Back